Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2018 10:53:15 PM EDT
I've read the reviews on Brownells about the screw being too tight, and I believe I read something about that same problem on this forum, but I went ahead and bought it anyways since it was cheap. It arrived today and I immediately opened it and tried to screw the screw into the sight and...it fit fine, no problem.

I'm new to retro rifles, so I can't give much of a report as far as quality of appearance or how faithful of a recreation it is, other than to say that it looks the same in person as it does on the website. SO, if you like the way it looks, odds are it'll show up and work just fine, or at least mine did.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a bad batch of parts that has been corrected.  They should be fine now unless you got one from the earlier batch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I installed one last week, no problems, all Good
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my replacement from LuthAR on Wednesday and it fit fine. I had to get a new sight and screw for mine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed one last week. The spring for the detent was incredibly stiff so it took some doing to force the detent down in far enough to allow the sight wheel to sit properly. Once I got it put together the sight was also very hard to adjust,  however I applied some CLP and it seems to be loosening up
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 2:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I was not impressed with the LuthAR carry handle sight set.  Mainly, the sight itself.  The one I got doesn't seem to set straight, as if the hole for the adjustment screw was not bored perfectly true.  Also, it's not the right shape at all, straight-sided rather than hourglass-shaped as the USGI sight is(was).  And, there is noticeable casting line around it.  I'm not going to call it "junk", but it sure isn't a high quality reproduction.  I'll be replacing it with a USGI sight sometime down the road.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, can anyone tell me if the USGI A1 rear sight kits Fulton Armory has listed are in original USGI contractor dated packaging, or if they have been repackaged in some way?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey, can anyone tell me if the USGI A1 rear sight kits Fulton Armory has listed are in original USGI contractor dated packaging, or if they have been repackaged in some way?
View Quote
I ordered two sets from Fulton Armory recently.  They were original but repackaged in ziploc bags.  Both looked new but one had a weird finish, like it was worn off, mostly just on the screw head and windage knob.  It was obviously new and an original though.  It would look great on a battle worn retro build.  I decided not to keep that one and put it on the EE, with full disclosure of the worn looking finish.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered two sets from Fulton Armory recently.  They were original but repackaged in ziploc bags.  Both looked new but one had a weird finish, like it was worn off, mostly just on the screw head and windage knob.  It was obviously new and an original though.  It would look great on a battle worn retro build.  I decided not to keep that one and put it on the EE, with full disclosure of the worn looking finish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I think we corresponded about the set you had on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I installed mines couple days ago without any troubles.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top