Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2019 8:25:39 PM EDT
I sort of inherited one of these buffers in a completed lower.  How will it perform compared to the usual carbine buffer?  I'm thinking it will go in a dissipator build.

I've read the advertising and tech info for this product, but I'd like to hear any experience and opinion.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It's slightly heavier than a carbine buffer. Honestly, I doubt you'll notice any real difference in performance. I have one in a 10" with a Sprinco blue and it works just fine. Unremarkable, but that's my opinion of nearly all buffers.

Run it!
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s the only buffer I use.

8.5” .300blk out suppressed and unsuppressed has functioned flawlessly.

16” 5.56 suppressed and unsuppressed has functioned flawlessly.

7.5” 5.56 unsuppressed still no issues.

I like em. The tungsten “powder” feels nicer than the usual weights during recoil.  Id say keep it and run it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I used the spikes T2 in a Colt 6940 didn't care for it. Switched to a Colt H2 and it felt much better to me.
I think the moving weights in a standard buffer gives a better feel than a buffer stuffed with tungsten powder.
Just my personal experience.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's slightly heavier than a carbine buffer. Honestly, I doubt you'll notice any real difference in performance. I have one in a 10" with a Sprinco blue and it works just fine. Unremarkable, but that's my opinion of nearly all buffers.

Run it!
View Quote
I have a similar setup but with a Springco white spring on a 10.3 SBR. I really like the way it shoots and the sensation is definitely different compared to shooting my regular carbines. Not something I can really explain, you just have to try it yourself. The action just feels finely tuned and refined - solid. Well worth it IMO. Can't wait to try it suppressed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I like em. Recoil feels smooth, less noisy, heavier than an H1 without going all the way up to the H2
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I run one with a springco blue in my sbr, I like it!
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone.  Good mix of info and impressions that I was looking for.  The moving weights vs. the powder ought to give a different feel.  It's a little more nicely finished than the other units I've seen.  I might move it around, rifle to rifle, and see what it does.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I automatically put an ST-T2 in everything. From 18" to 10.5". Don't know if I really noticed much of a difference but never had an issue with them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the powder really make a difference?

Is there room for it to move around or is it filled? I assume that there is a fair bit of empty space inside.

The only non standard buffer I have used is the A5, and I think the main difference is the rifle spring. Though there is a spring inside the buffer holding the weights forward.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I use them. I like them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone.  Good mix of info and impressions that I was looking for.  The moving weights vs. the powder ought to give a different feel.  It's a little more nicely finished than the other units I've seen.  I might move it around, rifle to rifle, and see what it does.

Thanks again.
View Quote
Another one that gives a bit of a different feel is the ADM Reliability Buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top