Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 12:12:50 PM EDT
First Time Post figured Id start it here to see how many Lefty AR 15 Builders there are out there?

Any resources for Lefty Parts?  

So far Stag Arms has been the only one I have seen to consistently keep things in stock.  Props to them!  
Cross Machine tool - I was lucky enough to get one of their ambidextrous lowers, just an outstanding lower in every way.  I wish there lefty uppers would roll out again so I would have a matching upper and lower.

Any others?  

I was always pretty hesitant since most premium parts dont work with Lefty builds but I always wondered what it would be like to fire one.  I spent 6 years in the Marine Corps with My M16A2 getting pelted in the face with shells but still loved shooting on this platform so over the last few months I finally built one, though still have a few things I have to wait for, it fires reliable and straight out to 100 yards(though Ill rarely use this for going that far out).

There must be a ton of lefties out there because just about every premium lefty part was sold out for the past year even before the COVID lock down.  
Ill try and post a pic but Ill prob goof it up!

I still want to get a light but not something donkey huge

AR15 chambered in 300 blackout Pistol Config

10.3" BA Hansen Performance Barrel
VG6 comp
Stinger floating handguards
Swampfox Blade Prism Scope
Stag Nickel Boron BCG
Stag Arms Upper
Cross Machine tool Ambi lower
Hyperfire 2lb trigger
V7 Raw Ti take down pins/Castle nut/ant Walk pins, Seekins Ambi Safety, Strike Ambi Charging Handle, etc
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Available left hand parts are always hit and miss and the pandemic has made it even worse.  I use mil-spec lowers with an ambi safety and left hand uppers that I have assembled or bought complete.  My inventory includes 300BO, 223/5.56, 9MM, 45acp and 22lr.  Stag Arms uppers and bolts were used for everything except the 22lr, and the 9mm also required a Stag Arms lower.

Vendors I have used — Macon Armory, CMMG, Brownells, Stag, and AR15 Discounts.  There are others, but I have no experience with them.

Macon Armory modified my left hand Stag bolt/upper to accommodate his 45acp DI barrel.  

CMMG cut their barrel and collar for the left hand notch, but I had to talk to customer service to get it done. My avatar is the result.

Since I couldn’t find a left hand 9mm mag conversion/insert, I had to buy the complete Stag 9mm rifle.  Their LH 9mm rifle did not make the move Wyoming and seems to be discontinued.  

22lr
Attachment Attached File

45acp
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
These would be easy to complete as a pistol by substituting your favorite brace for the Minimalist stock assembly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than an ambi safety and ch, I keep all my ar’s standard controls. I learned how to use my rifle in the Marines too, and routinely surprise non lefty shooters with my speed. They all seem to think I must be one armed handicapped when it comes to the operation of controls.

I’ve tried a knights ambi lower and couldn’t adapt. Dropping mags when I ment to release bolt, and vise versa because when moving fast it’s way too easy to bump the wrong button 1/2” away from the one you wanted while sliding your finger up the receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top