Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 1:17:15 AM EDT
Sons Of Liberty is selling 7 packs of steel 30 round AR mags for $99.

The cage code indicates they are made by C-Products. I remember C-Products having issues years ago, but I haven't kept up on whether they've improved. Small Arms Solutions recommends them now, and I wouldn't think SOLGW would put their name on anything that wasn't good. Anyone here have any experience with these SOLGW or recent production C-Products steel mags?

I have over a hundred PMAGs and USGI aluminum mags. I just wanted a few extra steel mags to go with my SCAR 16 mag, and I can't find anything else. D&H makes the factory FN steel mag, but I can't even find a reference to those.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used some of the SS C-products mags and they seemed to be ok, however you can get 10 D&H aluminum mags from PSA for the same price which just seems like the smarter buy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used some of the SS C-products mags and they seemed to be ok, however you can get 10 D&H aluminum mags from PSA for the same price which just seems like the smarter buy.
View Quote

Yep, this op
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Already have tons of AL mags. Even bought more mags this week already. I'd rather get 7 steel mags than 10 AL at this point just for something different.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't think of a single reason to spend more for a steel mag from C-Products than a proven aluminum (or even polymer) mag, and I doubt you'll see a single recommendation for either C-Products or ASC from anyone who has been here prior to 2008, but I've been seeing plenty of good reviews on the Korean steel mags from Global Ordnance and they're only $6.99 each (from a site supporter). Maybe give them a glance.

[edit: I just checked and they're out of stock. Sorry about that. ]
View Quote

I tried to get some of those Korean steel mags when they went on sale, but they went out of stock while I was checking out.

I wrote off C-Products back around 2006 or something when they were a site sponsor and had issues. I haven't looked at them again until today when SOLGW endorsed them. I fully admit that I'm only interested because I like the Sons floor plate, and they'll go well with my SCAR 16 mag.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I generally avoid C Products mags but picked up a few Duramags to try and in fairness, they've been GTG. I'll be the first to admit that the bronze ano was the sole reason for buying them
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got 5 CPro SS mags. Once I dumped the knockoff followers and shit springs they run fine now. They see occasional range duty and likely all that they ever will.

I've not considered them once since as a viable option.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I tried to get some of those Korean steel mags when they went on sale, but they went out of stock while I was checking out.

I wrote off C-Products back around 2006 or something when they were a site sponsor and had issues. I haven't looked at them again until today when SOLGW endorsed them. I fully admit that I'm only interested because I like the Sons floor plate, and they'll go well with my SCAR 16 mag.
View Quote

I was able to get 26 of the Korean just havent tried them yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I have some SS 20rd CProducts mags. They have been fine but are pretty thin and flexible for steel mags. The finish also gets scratched up quickly with use.

CDNN has Korean Heavy duty steel mags $9.99 same ones G.O. Sold out of.

Clearview investments has Bulgarian Steel mags $12.74 a!most 8 for $100.

Botach has E-lander steel mags 5 pack for $45.

I have some of each and prefer any of the others to C products.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Been a few weeks - any more experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ll stick with Pmags and USGI.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

He gets it.^^^^
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He gets it.^^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He gets it.^^^^

Yep, seems like a good plan
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't think of a single reason to spend more for a steel mag from C-Products than a proven aluminum (or even polymer) mag
View Quote

I concur. USGI aluminum are combat proven as are Magpul M3 magazines.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a small stack of cproduct mags that work fine but I threw away about that many over the years.
Why a reputable co put their name on cproduct mags says a lot about their own products.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Global Ordnance has steel 30 rounders for $7.  They are OOS right now, but were in stock for the same price pretty much all of 2020.  

https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-steel-ar15-magazines-upc-00850003223070/

Very stout magazines & have functioned well in the AR's I have tried them in.  You will definitely notice the weight difference when you get a package of 10 or 12 of them vs the same amount of aluminum or polymer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a small stack of cproduct mags that work fine but I threw away about that many over the years.
Why a reputable co put their name on cproduct mags says a lot about their own products.
View Quote

I thought the same thing.

If you want to stand out, put your name on Okays. They’ll do it, you just have to order a SHITLOAD.  

I like SOLGW lower parts, but like everything else they don’t make it’s just the same shit as everyone else.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a lot of the "original" C-Products SS mags.

I never had any problems with the 30 round ones.

Many of the 20 round ones had out of dimension feed lips (too wide a gap) which allowed double feeds or spontaneous round dumping.

The body of the mags actually got wider towards the top as if it wasn't properly jigged during the spot welding.

I think I have about a dozen twenties but it took three return and re-ship episodes before they were all functional.

The mags are larger internally than USGI so they require a special follower.  A green, black or Magpul will tilt on corner out of the front of the mag.  

I have, however, been able to substitute stainless steel CMMG followers.

The stainless mags I have contained chrome silicon springs not stainless.

All this based on the "original" C-Products.  Not sure how much of the technology transferred and how much went to ASC.  Also not clear who the bad guys were in that split.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#20]
The C-Products SS mags I have do not not have date stamps which may or may not be an advantage.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top