Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2018 8:31:05 PM EDT
What should I be looking at? I want the “last shot bolt hold open” feature, and if I mate it to a pistol it won’t be as long as it may otherwise be...

Was looking at the CMMG Banshee/Guard but damn $1,400 is a lot before you even get into the can or optic...

Glock magazines would be easier to locate too....
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
angstadt 9mm glock lower. You get glock mag lower and LRBHO
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The CMMG is going to be the quietest suppressed.  The delayed blowback will give you less port noise than a straight blowback.

You can buy build kits from CMMG so you don't have to drop $1,400 at once.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
extar ep9 $420

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with Spikes 9mm glock lower.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What about the Ruger PC9 carbine? I see it at the gun show already threaded and takes Glock magazines....

Plus I like my 1022....
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the Ruger PC9 carbine?.
View Quote
Its got a 16" barrel.  That is completely unnecessary for 9mm.  It only exists because our silly laws lay a rifle has to has a long barrel.
16" barrel + 8" worth of suppressor is a lot to swing around.  Mr.GNG has a recent video showing just how goofy it is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2olQbIHAY
9mm AR pistol with a 4-6" barrel is a lot easier to handle.

Just something to keep in mind, the 9mm is only quiet if you pay more and get the heavier bullets.  You have to ay 45acp prices to get quiet 9mm.  My 9mm just sits there most of the time now.  If I hadn't SBR'd it, I'd probably get rid of it.  My 45acp one sees all the action.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Its got a 16" barrel.  That is completely unnecessary for 9mm.  It only exists because our silly laws lay a rifle has to has a long barrel.
16" barrel + 8" worth of suppressor is a lot to swing around.  Mr.GNG has a recent video showing just how goofy it is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2olQbIHAY
9mm AR pistol with a 4-6" barrel is a lot easier to handle.

Just something to keep in mind, the 9mm is only quiet if you pay more and get the heavier bullets.  You have to ay 45acp prices to get quiet 9mm.  My 9mm just sits there most of the time now.  If I hadn't SBR'd it, I'd probably get rid of it.  My 45acp one sees all the action.
View Quote
Link made hot.
Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 9mm First Shots

I see your concerns about length, and share them.

As to your comments about .45 vs 9mm however, I must say I already have a hoard of 9mm cartridges and simply don’t want to invest in new caliber & storage space.

If that were the case, I’d be looking at .300 AAC
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The CMMG is going to be the quietest suppressed.  The delayed blowback will give you less port noise than a straight blowback.

You can buy build kits from CMMG so you don't have to drop $1,400 at once.
View Quote
+1, get a CMMG 8" barrel and BCG from optics planet for $299 and free shipping using the BFCYBER code good till Tuesday night.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Any experience with New Frontier Armory?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
+1, get a CMMG 8" barrel and BCG from optics planet for $299 and free shipping using the BFCYBER code good till Tuesday night.
View Quote
They're $70+ cheaper than when I bought a few months ago. Not a bad deal for $300 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
And what about this one?
https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XKVPCF98XLLC&name=Kaw+Valley+Precision+Carbon+Fiber+9mm+8.5+in.+Upper+Receiver+Group&groupid=8101

This is the problem with our 2A rights, they lead to too much variety and homework that makes my head hurt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
New Frontier Armory is fine. They have a LRBHO that uses a device in the upper receiver on some of their options. Using that on a dedicated LRBHO lower won't work. I went with a Spikes Glock 9mm lower and upper. Lots of options for BCG, buffer, etc. My recommendation is to start with a MILSPEC trigger then upgrade later if you want, after you've figured out your BCG and buffer work correctly.  I have a MILSPEC buffer and spring but added the spacer a few places sell.

Save some headaches and get a Macon Armory barrel.

Think carefully about handguard length if you plan to use a suppressor. Handguard lengths and barrel lengths aren't indexed from the same spot, so guess short on handguards if you have to guess (unless your suppressor will fit in the inner diameter of your handguards.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I went with a 4" barrel and a MI SP rail. Combined with the short can, its not going to be very long!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top