Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 19
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarLord31] [#1]

Edited 12-19-2012.  Apologies.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny how our grandparents hoarded money and other "essentials" growing up through and post-depression. And our grandkids will hear about and find our mag/ammo stashes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By phurba:
In response to a "should I buy more magazines" thread I whipped this up:

http://i.imgur.com/Jg3P7.png

And since this is a pic thread

http://i.imgur.com/r4uZH.jpg

That is how I feel.  Too bad I live in MA.  I need to move and get the bigger house.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 10:20:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WarLord31] [#4]

Link Posted: 11/9/2011 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tamer:
Funny how our grandparents hoarded money and other "essentials" growing up through and post-depression. And our grandkids will hear about and find our mag/ammo stashes.

+1. Wow, so friggin true
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]

That is why alot of my tools say made in the USA.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
2009, prior to my friends deployment to Afghanistan, he couldn't find P Mags to purchase, I see where they all went :facepalm:
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
love to see the continueing magwhoreness.

I was building up more of a stash. but allas I have a bad (good?) habit of giving away mags to people who need them. so while I've puchased about 70 mags over the last year or two, I only have 45 or so in my possession. I really need to buy a case one of thse days
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Man, I am seriously in awe of some of the collections you guys have. I hope to get there someday.

For now, I have one 'assault rifle' (WASR) and 4 mags for it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By noob5000000:

Man, I am seriously in awe of some of the collections you guys have. I hope to get there someday.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

IF that OBAMANATION in office gets re-elected... that's all you'll have.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By WarLord31:

Originally Posted By noob5000000:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

IF that OBAMANATION in office gets re-elected... that's all you'll have.

You can bet on that!  If I lived in a state that can have normal mags, I would by them like crazy.  I have to keep looking for the expensive pre-ban high caps.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be ashamed to post my measly 100 mags in this thread.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

I'd be ashamed to post my measly 100 mags in this thread.....

No need to be ashamed!  Post it!!!  Its all relative anyway!  

100 PMags and/or Lancers is an impressive collection.

100 Prebans bought at the peak of the AWB is equal to 300 to 500 USGI's today.  

100 is 100.  it means you're well on your way to being a mag whore.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have another 20-30 in bags and gear somewhere, but here is my present inventory:

Link Posted: 12/17/2011 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 1811guy:
I have another 20-30 in bags and gear somewhere, but here is my present inventory:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/mags.jpg

Very nice!
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#16]
You are all dirty mag whores and should be proud of yourselves.  Some day I shall post my collection that isn't soo dirty well at least not as dirty as WarLord31.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#17]
living in New York.

Nice collection guys
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buryingthesun] [#18]
I can't have nice things because I live in Crap-O-Chusetts, All I have is 5 - 30 round an 1- 10 round AK-47 mag's I dont even have an pre-ban's for my AR15 yet

NOBAMA~
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]

yeah kind of sad we have such stupid politicians

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WShifflett:
Originally Posted By Staticxd00d:
These are EARLY pics...very recent. all but a handful of mags have been taken out of the plastic wrap and used (without a hitch of course, but I'm not planning on testing each mag). About 600 C-Products USGI 30 Round Aluminum Magazines, Gray Teflon finish, orange followers, chrome-silicon springs, New-In-Wrap. 100 mags per case. (That Staples box holds only 94 mags... thanks to the knuckleheads at UPS, who split 3 of the original C-Products boxes open, with one box almost trashed, and losing 6 mags during transit.)
Many thanks to C-Products for a great product and terrific CS!
And the EOTWAWKI/SHTF mil-spec containers to house them in...well, the Hardigg mil-spec containers were originally intended to hold AR's, M9's, and shotguns, but those are in a gunsafe. These are stored in another property subject to humidity but steady temps. BTW, if you want to see more...just ask...
No pics! You fix!
YES, YES, YES! I am working on it! 704 mags and counting ... Pics are coming...
Still waiting...

Thanks for your patience...

The RAW collection...
- 20MM Ammo Cans for the NIW C-Products (CP) 30rd AL Teflon mags since Spring2011
- USGI Prebans (USPS box) after cycling several times for final function check w/new followers & CS springs
- Fairly new CP mags (50CAL Ammo Can), in middle of cycling thru for function checks, 2nd batch.
- some Lancers, because the look is neat; mostly range mags.  For me, USGI's & PMags are SHTF.  NOT SHOWN are another 7 I just bought - if ya really want pics of those....
- my only TWO PMAGS.  Really wish I had 498 MORE PMAGS, but can't justify cost, especially when the CP deal came up, plus my current mag philosophy & strategy. (Don't get me wrong - PMAGS are worth it.  And if my strategy was to buy a few PMAGS every paycheck, then I'd do that.  I save instead, and buy huge in bulk, out-of-state/online, working with the dealer/vendor on volume.  No sales tax, sometimes free/discounted ship - a LOT more for your $$$.  Just haven't yet found a good deal yet on MagPul stuff.  Hey Jeremy @ MagPul - see them stripped lowers?  Yeah, I want some things MagPul for all of them one day... and that's not all my lowers either... I hope to be talking to you one of these days!)
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32281
CODES:  AL = aluminum; TF = Teflon; AT-F = anti-tilt follower, CP design; CS = chrome-silicon springs; CP = C Products; GRY = grey

Way back in 2010, when the CP mags arrived...going into a mil-spec (except for color) Hardigg container I once used in a former business of mine to transport computer servers and other electronics to trade shows.  Cans of [powerful] calcium chloride dessicant were placed inside the containers to keep the mags dry... it gets really humid down here.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32277
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32278

WHY DID I TAKE THESE OUT THIS SUMMER?  Don't ask... but most (~80%) are going into long-term storage.  And the best long-term storage is thick 7.5mil Mylar Vacuum Packaging bags.  They won't be packed in a super vacuum, only just enough to remove excess air so the bags store compactly, and the dessicant & oxygen scavenger don't have to work overtime.  The bags are also ready for direct burial, and easily scattered in a hurry if some stupid law to confiscate them was enacted.

Yeah, I sort of plan to test all the mags for function, but who'se got the time, money, and barrels to blow thru 21,330 rounds of ammo for each round of mag function testing?   Do the math...for me, it could take a couple years, maybe 2 decades.  (You wanna shoot when its 105degreesF outside?)  And with the price of ammo, the current OBAMANATION in office, and God-knows-what-future-world-events, I'm more likely to buy more AR's, long guns, shotguns, and handguns plus store ammo than spend resources testing ALL the mags.  And so far, EVERY MAG (USGI prebans, CP's, Lancers, PMAGS) has worked perfectly, using LC, Remington, WCC, Black Hills, PRVI, and Silver Bear.   So here is the work area for vac-packing the mags, in the living room...because its as hot as HELL in the garage in TX!
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32282

By now, you should've figured out that the major Mag Whores in this here thread are also AR Whores in a million other ways.  The reason for so many mags is...  

(Don't ask why so many stripped lowers please.  But some answers - I'm building out every one.  There used to be 8 complete AR's, but sold off four Bushy A2 20" & 16" HBAR uppers; kept the two A2 Bushy 14" HBars and not shown are two A4 uppers (LMT and RRA).  I have actually 8 complete lowers, of which only 6 are shown as complete rifles or as built-lowers w/o buffer tubes/stocks in the pic below (RRA and Bushy lowers).  I only need 2-6 AR's in my lifetime, and a couple dozen mags.  THIS WHORING is to fully ensure that my kids, and grandkids, have their 2nd Amendment Rights preserved long into the future - not the Year 2087 Version of the 2nd Amendment, but the Year 2004-2011 Version!)

Lowers shown are (36 in all):
- 5 complete Bushmaster lowers (1 in complete rifle on left; 4 w/o buffer tube/stock; stocks not shown b/c I'm in the middle of finally evaluating other brands of collapsibles from MagPul, VLTOR, RRA, etc.)
- 6 RRA's (1 in complete rifle on the left; 1 w/o buffer tube/stock; 4 stripped)
- 3 Delton/SOG Armory, stripped (of Houston; paid way too much for a Delton)
- 3 LAR/Gunsmoke, stripped (of Okeechoobee, FL)
- 1 Palmetto Armory, stripped (Safe/Fire, not picto version; evaluating for finish)
- 3 AERO Precision/SAA (Surplus Ammo & Arms of Lakewood, WA)
- 15 AERO Precisions (marked as AERO's w/picto's)
NOT SHOWN - there's some more, can't say why I didn't put them in the pic, but suffice it to say they're buried somewhere.  Literally.  In even tougher vac-pack bags.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32285

And you just don't do this without planning for ammo and gear storage either...  For the unscrupulous ones in the audience, go ahead and try to take'em.  Much more than half are empty (you got 225,000 rds of ammo?).  This old pic taken when I just got them doesn't show the forged tempered steel hold-downs, floor bolts or their actual location elsewhere.  And... you just don't know what surprises I have in store for you either... whether my family and I are home or not, or just arriving, or if its at home, another house, a business location, or another city/state.  Like it'd sure be hilarious if former Mayor Daley knew tons of ammo was stored somewhere within the confines of his immaculate Windy City, wouldn't it?
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32287

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.  SORRY FOR TAKING UP SO MUCH OF PAGE 8.

Damn thats impressive. Nice use of the dunnage
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Where do you guys get so many mags from? how can you afford so many?
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jpreedy:

likely online bulk orders. they make more money than you and i, likely. that or shooting is their main hobby and can put more money towards it. regardless i say good for them. im jelly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By theboz118:
Originally Posted By jpreedy:

likely online bulk orders. they make more money than you and i, likely. that or shooting is their main hobby and can put more money towards it. regardless i say good for them. im jelly.

Or just monetary choices. I don't have cable. I don't go out for dinner more than once a week. Little savings when sensible and possible means a couple more mags a week/month.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarLord31] [#24]

Link Posted: 1/25/2012 8:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NYzombologist] [#25]
I live in Communist NY so being a mag whore is not easy. Here is my current stash of mags minus about 5 or 6 I have stored in a tactical vest that hangs in my closet. Nothing compared to you guys but god damnit I try....
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By NYzombologist:

I live in Communist NY so being a whore mag is not easy. Here is my current stash of mags minus about 5 or 6 I have stored in a tactical vest that hangs in my closet. Nothing compared to you guys but god damnit I try....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/stang976/my%20ar-15/photo.jpg

Glad to see a fellow member behind the iron curtain working against the insanity here.  I have over 100 Pre-ban high caps, and always looking for more.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#27]
After going through this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that I now have two reasons to feel inadequate.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy Cow!!!!  WarLord31
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 8:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarLord31] [#29]

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpmmn] [#30]
<Comment removed..................dpmmn>
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I think the website lists them as being out for public release in the Spring.  I'm curious about these as well, especially with the lower profile floorplate.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Just peeked at this thread for some giggles, Sick! I thought I was overdoing it with my 25-30 or so, you all make me look sane, next time the gf asks y I need so many or laughs, I have some pictures to show her!
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By ozzz169:

Just peeked at this thread for some giggles, Sick! I thought I was overdoing it with my 25-30 or so, you all make me look sane, next time the gf asks y I need so many or laughs, I have some pictures to show her!

FYI - Search the archives.  You'll find many many valid reasons why you need more mags, ammo, gear, preps, etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ozzz169:

FYI - Search the archives.  You'll find many many valid reasons why you need more mags, ammo, gear, preps, etc.

Yep, you always have enough....until you can't get them anymore.

I'm only up to around 15 AR mags 15 1911 mags maybe 10 Glock 9mm mags. Right now I am trying to get my ammo count back up but then I will get some mags when funds allow. The easiest way to do it if money is an issue is to buy one mag and a box of ammo every paycheck, it's not much but it does add up.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I did an inventory last weekend...I'm up to 168 AR mags, most of which are new.  And I have one Beta C mag.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 3:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shrikefan] [#36]
Originally Posted By Warspite:
I did an inventory last weekend...I'm up to 168 AR mags, most of which are new.  And I have one Beta C mag.

Rules - we have them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By shrikefan:

Originally Posted By Warspite:

Rules - we have them.
He means pictures or it didnt happen

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#38]
where are the pictures? i want to see pictures.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By wheelersburgtarheel:

where are the pictures? i want to see pictures.

Yes Yes this

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Next time I'm using the dinning room table

Here are my AR mags:
80 - 30 rounders, Pmags, USGI and Emags.
2 - 20 round Pmags
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#41]
thats what i have been wanting to see. super pic. and collection.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got my case of PMags.

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I finally have my Mag Whore starter kit:

81 AR mags total, like I said, it's my starter kit!  
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By espnaci:
Just got my case of PMags.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b468/espnazi/IMAG0316-1.jpg

Nice! Where did you get them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe one day I will take a pic of all my AR mags, but until then, these are my AUG mags. For an AUG, this is definitely mag whoring...

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#46]
nice
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Pics of AUG, or it didn't happen.

That is seriously my dream gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#48]
Originally Posted By MrRandyRhoads:
Pics of AUG, or it didn't happen.

That is seriously my dream gun.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]
One BM Metal Mag
Two Black PMags
Two FDE PMags

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#50]
thats a start, better than none.
Page / 19
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top