Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 10:18:57 PM EDT
Just finished my first lower build tonight and I noticed something:
Compared to the lower I bought pre-assembled, the trigger guard is incredibly loose. Not exactly a huge deal, I just swapped them since I'll be shooting this new one more, but I wanted to know if this is fairly common, is it more noticeable or common with certain manufacturers, or is it kind or random and just the luck of the draw? Not in a rush to replace, but can anyone offer a recommendation for some cheap, tighter fitting ones (no real preference, polymer v aluminum)?

Kit I installed was DPMS, if that makes any difference. No idea what the other I swapped was.

Also, my apologies if this thread is misplaced, but this seemed the most logical place for this question.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes they are like a jigsaw puzzle, you just have to keep trying pieces until they are fit the way you are happy with.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Even Jesus would put a $5 Magpul TG on his AR

Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
That's right and its tight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed, and fill that damn gap!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just finished my first lower build tonight and I noticed something:
Compared to the lower I bought pre-assembled, the trigger guard is incredibly loose. Not exactly a huge deal, I just swapped them since I'll be shooting this new one more, but I wanted to know if this is fairly common, is it more noticeable or common with certain manufacturers, or is it kind or random and just the luck of the draw? Not in a rush to replace, but can anyone offer a recommendation for some cheap, tighter fitting ones (no real preference, polymer v aluminum)?

Kit I installed was DPMS, if that makes any difference. No idea what the other I swapped was.

Also, my apologies if this thread is misplaced, but this seemed the most logical place for this question.
View Quote

It’s about tolerances.  Your guard wound up being either too narrow or (more likely) with an oversized roll pin hole.  A polymer enhanced trigger guard (Magpul is my preference) will not only fit right and fit tight, it will eliminate that annoying gap behind the trigger guard that likes to shred my second finger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely go with a magpul trigger guard brotha. the standard one is just out dated IMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Never heard of a rattling trigger guard.  Did you forget one of the pins?

I put polymer magpul trigger guards with the hex screws on all my builds now though
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The Magpul enhanced garbage I paied way too much for rattles enough for me to notice, the $8 no name ones I've gotten off eBay are tighter than a virgin
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top