Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2021 10:56:38 PM EDT
Greetings all!

So, while i’ve had my URG-I carbine for a while now, I’ve decided it’s time to finally get a forward grip of some kind, and a sling.

Apparently this is attached to the rail for the forward end of the sling... where does the rear end go? On the stock?

Do they use those VTAC slings with it?

I’ve been going through the 175 pages of the main URG-I thread, but I’m not having much luck.

As for forward grips, do they even make a full sized one with provisions for a light pressure pad for MLOK?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They probable use all kinds of slings on the URG-I. Pick the one you like and run that. I will recommend BFG.

You can use that Magpul QD socket in any Mlok slot you choose or you can attach to the hole in the rail closer to the receiver. Some guys like them all the way at the end of the rail, others like it where that hole is. I'm one of those.

I attach the front of my sling close to the receiver on the left side of the rail. The rear of my sling goes in the right side(ejection port side) of the stock. I am righthanded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
1. The rail has a built-in QD port toward the aft end.
2. The other end goes where you want it.  I prefer on my stock.
3. I’d look at a ModButton or HotButton to activate with your thumb rather than built into a vertical grip.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to ask if that hole on the rail itself was for a qd swivel
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a separate QD on the rail rear, toward the upper receiver at 11 o'clock.  Just can't bring myself to put a steel sling adapter swivel into my aluminum rail QD slot.  Probably fine but thats just me.  For the rear I use an IWC QD receiver end plate.  I have used the QD on stocks but it just seemed to get hung up while doing drills.  Never a problem with the end plate QD.  I have my own, "Issued Sling".  I used a black VTAC padded sling, unit purchased-issued, for 9 months in Afghanistan.  When I was leaving country, Division gave me a coyote no-pad VTAC sling that I was able to keep.  I use it with the QD on a few of my AR builds including my URG-I.  It works for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm running a BCM KAG and a Ferro Concepts Slingster with a magpul mlok qd socket.
The setup works for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it is a QD socket. Personally I don't like that QD's location because when you put a swivel type socket, it dings up the rails.

With that said, I went with a paracord adapter that you put into the mlock sockets. The brand I have is Magpul but I believe there are others. It looks really slick and nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
So, for these Vickers slings from BFG, is it worth paying the extra twenty bucks for the metal adjuster and slide?

Guess I should order several, one for each AR.  Are these also appropriate for clones? I have an A4 and a Block II SOPMOD clone as well as this URG-i...

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top