Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2022 11:10:07 AM EDT
I am looking at getting two slings for two of my builds. I typically run Vicker's Blue Force slings, but the price of those with the QD attachments has gone up. I mean way up. I used to find them for $59 bucks but no such luck as of right now.

I am looking at the MagPul MS4 Dual QD sling Gen2. Anyone run one of these? if so, how do you like it?

Is the MagPul MS3 a decent sling? I think it has the QD mounts as well. I don't think its the clip or whatever it is called.

What other sling options are out there that fit into the $60 and under range? This is the last bit of gear that I need for two of my builds.

Thanks everyone.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.advancedgunslinger.com/the-shop/hit-sling-mk-2/
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
WPS 2 point
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
ferro slingster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#5]
I go with the VTAC one. I'm not sure if they're <60 though. I also believe you have to buy the end points as I don't ever recall them coming with any.

I never liked the Vickers sling as it's too thick for my liking. I also did not like the Magpul sling for the same reason.

Edit: Actually on their website it's about $45 so not too bad. I remember I paid about that but with the hardware and all came out to about 60 bucks I want to say. I think one difference with the Vickers and Magpul ones that come with the qd slings is that they're very good qd swivels. I always buy Magpul qd hardware. I recently got a qd swivel from a local store that was only $11 per qd.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I only use Vickers BFG slings with my ar15s. But found a use for my magpul ms4 yesterday. Did some Thanksgiving day shooting with some young cousins and nephews and the ms4 in a single point configuration worked great.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Proctor Sling
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't see a whole lot of utility in single point slings (for ARs anyway), so I like the MS1. The Magpul hardware is good, and it's nice that you can just buy it with the swivels installed. I prefer the flat slider to the one on the Vickers slings we have at work.

I suppose the MS4 gives you more options, but I'm not sure I'd ever use it as a single point.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#9]
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
I am looking at getting two slings for two of my builds. I typically run Vicker's Blue Force slings, but the price of those with the QD attachments has gone up. I mean way up. I used to find them for $59 bucks but no such luck as of right now.

I am looking at the MagPul MS4 Dual QD sling Gen2. Anyone run one of these? if so, how do you like it?

Is the MagPul MS3 a decent sling? I think it has the QD mounts as well. I don't think its the clip or whatever it is called.

What other sling options are out there that fit into the $60 and under range? This is the last bit of gear that I need for two of my builds.

Thanks everyone.

View Quote
I much prefer the MS4 to the MS3.  The MS3 is tougher to loosen or tighten quickly.  I find the plastic "handle" on the MS4 to be more intuitive and far easier to manipulate.  I have a few different slings and like the MS4 a lot for the $50 it cost.   YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:17:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#11]
ESD (Edgard Sherman Designs) sling
It's what the Proctor sling should have been.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a Magpul (without the optional jumper). A standard QD on the rear and the paraclip up front.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:55:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#13]
I've been through pretty much every sling out there and I've finally settled on the Magpul MS1. Not much difference between the MS1 and a BFG but I just prefer the Magpul, it's my favorite. I think I like the Magpul triglides better because I can pull the excess webbing back through it, makes it tight and won't slip back through. I'm running a QD up front and looped it through the stock in the back. It's a solid setup. I don't use it with the single-point adapter, I don't like single points on my AR.

This thing ain't coming loose. I think the slider is smoother to operate than a BFG too.

Yeah bro, if I was you I'd get a couple MS1 slings, I see their price is $36.99 @ amazon and optics planet, that's not bad but it doesn't come with hardware, QD's are extra, still not bad though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
WPS 2 point
View Quote

Just saw that WPS has an adjustable rifle sling in addition to the standard WPS rifle sling. Idk if these are new or if I somehow missed them before. Might have to give one a try, but of course their slings aren’t on sale
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]

This. I was a fan of the Proctor sling until I got my first ESD sling. It “fixes” the minor shortcomings of the Proctor sling.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
I don't see a whole lot of utility in single point slings (for ARs anyway), so I like the MS1. The Magpul hardware is good, and it's nice that you can just buy it with the swivels installed. I prefer the flat slider to the one on the Vickers slings we have at work.

I suppose the MS4 gives you more options, but I'm not sure I'd ever use it as a single point.
View Quote

I used the MS3, with clips, with my hunting rifle for years.
This year I switched rifles and bought an MS4.
First thing I had to swap ends. The single point adaptor kept rubbing and making noise.
Then the QD froze one night. I had to warm them in my hand to get them on.
I've got extra QD loops, so now that I'm home I'm going to swap out the single point adaptor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got 3 or 4 BFG Vickers and love em. Padded for a heavy rifle is OK but I prefer unpadded generally for these.

Latest adds are a few Citizen Gear slings. Saw them here earlier this year, and realized they're handmade by an arfcommer. I like the Cast Iron, which is padded but still lightweight. This one is multicam tropic. Solid slings and really well priced. I've gotten a couple local friends into them now too, all good results so far with a few months of use on em.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#18]
https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-ms1-multi-mission-sling-black-mag513-blk?quantity=1&custcol_pco=Orphan

Here you go bro, only $28 dollars, QD's are $12 dollars extra. That's technically $52 per sling if they're offering free shipping
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Larue padded sling on my AR. I have run a Vickers tactical padded on them. They're basically the same sling, just a few differences.

On AKs I run the Vickers Tactical Blue Force sling.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks everyone. I love the Vickers slings that I run on my rifles just not the price right now.

I think I’m going to give MagPul a try. Optics Planet has a coupon code for 12% off. So far that is the best place I found to order the MS4.

I’ll make another search around the net before I submit an order. I will also be checking some of the other slings mentioned in this thread. Especially the one made by a fellow ARFcomer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#21]
magpul MS3. Got a few cheap a couple of years ago
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TGE:
I've got 3 or 4 BFG Vickers and love em. Padded for a heavy rifle is OK but I prefer unpadded generally for these.

Latest adds are a few Citizen Gear slings. Saw them here earlier this year, and realized they're handmade by an arfcommer. I like the Cast Iron, which is padded but still lightweight. This one is multicam tropic. Solid slings and really well priced. I've gotten a couple local friends into them now too, all good results so far with a few months of use on em.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384595/IMG_20221125_101513_jpg-2613183.JPG
View Quote

Just ordered a Stark sling from them, looking forward to trying it out.  Can't go wrong if it's made by a fellow Arfcommer right?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top