Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2021 1:19:21 PM EDT
I have a regular old M4 style AR; FSB and waffle stock sling mounts.  It came with an abomination of a sling with too many tri-glides, snaps, and screws. It's just all around useless for anything other than carrying it over your shoulder, hunter style.  The last thing that irritates the hell out of me is when cleaning it, due to the way the sling attaches, I have to leave the sling attached on both end unless I unscrew the snap attachments and un-weave the entire thing.  I've had just about enough of that nonsense.

I'd like to keep it simple and still get an adjustable sling but be able to remove the sling easily.  The MS1 slings on my other guns work fine but they're all setup for QD;  really don't want to add a bunch of adapters.

The idea is to just use a couple Magpul Paraclips that fit nicely on the OE sling loops with a basic MS1 sling.  I already have the Paraclips so I'm 1/2 way there.

Any other suggestions before I order the sling itself?

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
GGGAZ

This might work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GGGAZ

This might work.
View Quote

They are slick, just don't want the redundancy of extra sling loops hanging off; just personal preference.  I almost ordered them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They are slick, just don't want the redundancy of extra sling loops hanging off; just personal preference.  I almost ordered them.
View Quote

You can always remove the other sling swivels. The rear one on the stock is screwed in. The front one is riveted, so removing it would be more permanent. The GGG, and others like it, would be the best way to get a 2 point tactical sling onto the rifle. Are you running the standard drop in plastic handguards?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are QD loops so they should come right out.

Both attach with Hex Head bolts that thread into the other side, they are ambidextrous. I have a few sets and they work good.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can always remove the other sling swivels. The rear one on the stock is screwed in. The front one is riveted, so removing it would be more permanent. The GGG, and others like it, would be the best way to get a 2 point tactical sling onto the rifle. Are you running the standard drop in plastic handguards?
View Quote

DD EZcar.  I could do a Pic- sling loop or Pic-QD adapter if I had too..  There's a ton of options.  I don't think I want to drill rivet on this one.

Quoted:

They are QD loops so they should come right out.

Both attach with Hex Head bolts that thread into the other side, they are ambidextrous. I have a few sets and they work good.
View Quote

I was referring to the unused stock sling loops but these keep looking better.  I may just deal with the factory loops hanging there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was referring to the unused stock sling loops but these keep looking better.  I may just deal with the factory loops hanging there.
View Quote

They don't get in the way much.

I had another pair of these on a dissipator carbine before and the standard stock and front loops were left in place, worked fine.

These are very handy when you have an issued weapon that the end user cant "permanently" modify. They make a Buffer tube QD point as well.

GGGAZ.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]

From https://www.psmagazine.army.mil/News/Article/1987680/m16-series-rifles-m4m4a1-carbines-what-slings-are-available/
The tactical quick-release sling for both the M16 and M4 comes with
NSN 1005-01-562-9457.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Any other suggestions before I order the sling itself?
View Quote

Simple, adjustable, durable, and cheap

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1168196012?pid=771763
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
These will work as well: Blue Force Gear

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
This should do the trick. Well made and is not slippery like nylon. https://www.ammogarand.com/m1-garand-web-sling-wwii-pattern-new-productio1.html
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it figured out.  Thanks folks.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top