Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2020 7:03:53 AM EDT
Ranger bands have always done me fine...but this is my first 10.3" with a law tactical folding device.

ddm4 v7p 10.3' + law
Current config. magpul sling ms-1, utilizing factory provided qd on rail and butt plate.

So far nothing feels right.

"ranger banding it" like normal then folding it over bulks it up too much to fold flat (for go-bag)
leaving the sling "bulk" to the outside side of the stock (ummmm right side when unfolded? right?...yeah, right...) makes quick flip deployment almost impossible (when deploying from the go-bag)

Has anyone found the magic trick to manage?

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not a half bad idea there!

In theory, the act of unfolding it deploys the sling instead of the grab and pull...and is one less motion. (that is...with practice lol)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use this on my 10.5” HD pistol with SBa3
Lander’s WS sling lock
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched vid. Thanks! Looks like it allows more room for material too. I've got a lot to fabric to stuff with the stock folded.

Does that screw down system seem like it'll hold up on the loops? That was the only part I kind of flinched at.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RifleRob:
Watched vid. Thanks! Looks like it allows more room for material too. I've got a lot to fabric to stuff with the stock folded.

Does that screw down system seem like it'll hold up on the loops? That was the only part I kind of flinched at.
View Quote

I’ve had zero issues. I also have it on another rifle that didn’t have much rail space on top. Also has a warranty, if you can break it they’ll replace it
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Sling sleeve would work too.  BFG or DIY
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Can you point me in the direction of a good sling sleeve?

Update: I folded all that material up, threw my wife's hair band around it then closed the stock over enough to semi hold it in place.

Actually kinda works until you shoot yourself in the eye with the hair tie when you're trying to do it fast! (NO, this isn't permanent lol)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top