Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 7:57:37 AM EDT
Anyone use one of these yet?

I already have a lower 1/3 mount for my aimpoint m4s but am wondering what riser i need to get to put it at 1.93” height.

And wondering if these risers will work with other big name manufacturers mounts

https://www.skdtac.com/SKD-Aimpoint-QRP2-Riser-PRO-COMP-M4-p/skd.840.htm

@SKD_Collin
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 1.73.  Works as advertised.  I like it because the stock mount was just a hair too low for my preference.  I definitely find lower 1/3 height to feel more natural.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I already have a lower 1/3 mount for my aimpoint m4s but am wondering what riser i need to get to put it at 1.93” height.

View Quote

"The 1.93” Riser will offer you a largely unimpeded FOV when using over your PEQ-15 and matches the height of the LaRue 1.93” Mounts. Even for those not using the IR aiming devices, the 1.93” Riser will allow for an upright head position for quickly finding your dot and reducing neck fatigue, while not being too high to shoot from the prone."
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"The 1.93” Riser will offer you a largely unimpeded FOV when using over your PEQ-15 and matches the height of the LaRue 1.93” Mounts. Even for those not using the IR aiming devices, the 1.93” Riser will allow for an upright head position for quickly finding your dot and reducing neck fatigue, while not being too high to shoot from the prone."
View Quote

I already have a lower 1/3 mount though. So if I get a 1.93 riser that would put me at  3.86” height?

I should probably go with the lowest skd riser for my 1/3 mount
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I already have a lower 1/3 mount though. So if I get a 1.93 riser that would put me at  3.86” height?

I should probably go with the lowest skd riser for my 1/3 mount
View Quote

You would replace your current riser with the appropriate choice.

Eta: Are you not using an AP factory mount? If not, what mount are you currently using?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You would replace your current riser with the appropriate choice.

Eta: Are you not using an AP factory mount? If not, what mount are you currently using?
View Quote

Correct, not using aimpoint factory mount

Using an American defense 1/3 mount. It does not have a riser
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Correct, not using aimpoint factory mount

Using an American defense 1/3 mount. It does not have a riser
View Quote

These are for AP QRP2 bases/mounts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

These are for AP QRP2 bases/mounts.
View Quote

Yes I read that. I emailed American defense and they said they may work with their mounts so I’m going to try one out
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes I read that. I emailed American defense and they said they may work with their mounts so I’m going to try one out
View Quote

The SKD Aimpoint QRP2 Riser was designed for SKD by our friends at Arisaka Defense, and uses specifications from Aimpoint factory drawings and Aimpoint factory finish specs.

Can't see how...  

I'd reach out to Arisaka if anything.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top