Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2022 2:05:48 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience running Simunition, UTM, Force On Force, etc. through a rifle with a Vltor A5 buffer system?

What were the results?

The sims seem to like lighter buffers, even on a standard carbine buffer tube.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Use Forceonforce.

Works fine with A5h2 and H3 buffered rifles I use pretty much monthly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
We use force in force bcgs.

I usually have to swap from an H3 down to something lighter if I’m shooting more than a mag.

Sounds like it should be fine. Worst case, there’s lighter A5 buffers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In the USMC, we had rifle designed specifically for sim rounds. They still would rounds stuck in the barrel. Pro tip, aim for the balls
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the USMC, we had rifle designed specifically for sim rounds. They still would rounds stuck in the barrel. Pro tip, aim for the balls
View Quote

My current sim rifle is probably what you're talking about. 14.5" dedicated sim rifle that uses the clear straight mags (9mm style sims). Bottom line... it sucks ass lol. Mines been mostly "reliable" but the rounds go all over the place.

I tried out a Force On Force bolt and it is awesome. Those use the 5.56 style training rounds. They are a lot more consistent.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top