Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2021 11:52:32 AM EDT
Always been annoyed with the pogo spring "boing" and that sound when charging any AR.
So is the silent capture buffer setup worth it?
Any pros vs. cons?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a tube of synthetic grease from your local auto parts store. Give the buffer and spring a light coating. Cheap and easy fix for the noise.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Always been annoyed with the pogo spring "boing" and that sound when charging any AR.
Any pros vs. cons?
View Quote

No, it isnt.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it’s worth it if you have a silencer.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

Agreed.

Is it needed?  No.  Is it worth it?  IMO, absolutely.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The JPSCS is pretty cool and works as advertised. Having said that, I mainly use Sprinco blues and H2's. I'll put a little grease on the spring, but it's not really needed. If it's worth it or not is up to you. They are well made.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
They make for a very smooth feeling rifle when you cycle it for what it’s worth.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it worth it? For suppressed subsonic BO: yes

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Only use one in my shorty 300 blackout, it does get rid of the noise.  The geissele super 42 springs do a good job too and they're cheaper. Armaspec makes a silent captured spring that's way cheaper than the JP and does the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It helped tame the muzzle recovery on my AR10. It helped with an over gassed Faxon mid length AR15. So I'm going to say yes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
No. Make sure thr inside of your receiver extension is not ribbed for your displeasure and lube it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I've started using flat wire buffer springs.  No more noise, much cheaper, and better commonality of parts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#12]
i like all 3 of mine, especially in the 308
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Agreed.

Agreed. If you’re shooting suppressed it’s absolute worth it.

I run three Armaspec stealth captured systems. 308 scs in 308 and H1 systems in my x39, 556 and 9mm builds.

*eta - it also smooths out the action when cycling
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've started using flat wire buffer springs.  No more noise, much cheaper, and better commonality of parts.
View Quote

As a buffer spring Luddite, what the Hell is that?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As a buffer spring Luddite, what the Hell is that?
View Quote

They are supposed to minimize the harmonics of the buffer recoil system vs conventional recoil springs. Something about them being flat and how they compress.. also may be designed to operate with less friction in the buffer tube.

I'd be willing to try one. They seem to be very affordable vs JP and Armaspec options. I think $17 on Strike Industries site?

If you're into folders or PDW buffer systems, Captured systems will not work for you. However, JP did team up with Maxim Defense to make a Captured System that is the correct size for the Maxim PDW system. Will cost  your more coins for that system obviously.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#16]
If you can afford it and the rig is something that would best be served by having one I would get it. I have 3 JPSCS on 3 pf my rigs and they are great. Well worth the money. Competition guns and guns that you plan to suppress are best served with a SCS.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was in your place a few months ago, trying to decide if it was worth the extra expense.  I ended up buying a couple and put one on a 300 BO pistol and the other on a 5.56 pistol.  The 5.56 not so much of a difference but the 300 BO shoots great, smooth, and soft.  It feels like it recoils less than any of my other rifles.  I've only shot it one day and less than a 100 rounds, but it's going to be my goto rifle or pistol.  For a second I thought about putting a captured spring in all my rifles but the cost ended that thought.  For a single rifle I'd say do it unless even that's too much to spend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]
flat spring
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top