Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2018 9:10:08 PM EDT
Just wanted to know if the ring on the bolt face is normal or if that's a sign of a primer issue.  (Too hot of a load, etc).   I have found pics of bolt faces with and without the ring though the ones without may be new.   This is a M&P 15 sport 2.  About 4 months old and around 350 rounds through it.  One pic is without cleaning and the other is after a quick q-tip rub.  
Maybe it's fine, maybe just dirty, maybe too much oil.... Or maybe all of that is from a primer leaking gas or blowing?  Am I being paranoid?

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normal.

If it were pitted, then you need be concerned.
View Quote
Thanks.   I have been shooting frontier and with the recent negative reviews I thought I would check some things.

I have kept every case that I fired.   All of them look good except I found 1 with no primer in it.  No idea what lot numbers I have bought.  Not sure which range session the bad one came from.  Could have been on a very clean gun or somewhat dirty gun.  No idea.   But wanted to make sure that bolt didnt show anything.

My gun ejects around 2 o'clock.   Thinking maybe a H buffer instead of the CAR.  May help with both.  Could be that Frontier is having issues.  Could be that my bolt moves too fast with sort of hot ammo and a light buffer in this 16".  I haven't done a major stockpile of ammo yet but everything I own is frontier right now (about 350 rounds).   That's not a ton but it's still money I hate to throw away and spend again!
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alot of rumors and legit issues with ammo currently it seems.
Wolf Gold has always been 100% gtg, definitely worth looking into if you haven't.  On the plus side, if ever an issue,  Wolf will buy it back.
View Quote
I looked at it.  Is it all 223 and not 556?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sold/labeled as 223, loaded to 5.56 pressures. Sealed primer and case mouths. Accurate also.
View Quote
I guess I will have to look around and see what deals I can find and try some.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Looks ok to me

I bought an old COLT SP-1 during the ban, that was pitted....

PS— all you have to do to imbed pics is add these img tags

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn! I'd say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought an old COLT SP-1 during the ban, that was pitted....
Damn! I'd say.
wondering if he used pistol primers or something
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top