Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2021 2:56:03 PM EDT
Just ordered a Sig Sauer MPX PCC, I have been stalking this gun for quite a while now and it finally came back in stock so I grabbed it. For those who have one what is everyone's experience with them?  

Accessories I should think about for this gun?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my favorite firearms.  Have MPX-K with an AAC can on it.

I put a Larue trigger in there and a Geissele charge handle.  

Love it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one and hated it....mainly because it was a terrible suppressor host.  Dumped more money into with a ILWT 3 lug barrel as well as their 4 position gas regulator which worked but didn't helped the issue of it being extremely gassy and LOUD.  So glad I got rid of mine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one and hated it....mainly because it was a terrible suppressor host.  Dumped more money into with a ILWT 3 lug barrel as well as their 4 position gas regulator which worked but didn't helped the issue of it being extremely gassy and LOUD.  So glad I got rid of mine.
View Quote

Mine is quite and 100% reliable. I'm running a .45 Octane suppressor and 147 grain ammo to stay subsonic. I even loaded up some 124 grain bullets to run 1070 fps from the 8" barrel (mild load) to keep them under the speed of sound and they run 100% as well.

Mine is a Gen1 SBR.

Every time my buddies want go shooting they insist on me bringing this MPX. I like it a lot, but they like it more......
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the MPX 8in model, it's one I will never sell and is the main gun my son wants to inthere.  If they weren't so expensive I'd have a 4in model and suppress it.

For accessories get a decent red dot sight and lots of ammo as it will disappear quick once you start shooting it.

You might also check out the Sig forum in the Armory section here,  more MPX discussuons are in there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
lots of ammo as it will disappear quick once you start shooting it.
View Quote

Yes, and if you shoot with anyone else hide the mags loaded with SD ammo.  Because someone will shoot 60 dollars with of ammo in 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank for all the replies everyone appreciate it.  I already figure my son will be shooting the crap out of this so ammo fort is increasing Lol.  Anyone changed out the muzzle brake on theirs?  I have been wanting a 9mm in a pistol carbine for awhile I am excited to see how this thing does.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the MPX 8in model, it's one I will never sell and is the main gun my son wants to inthere.  If they weren't so expensive I'd have a 4in model and suppress it.

For accessories get a decent red dot sight and lots of ammo as it will disappear quick once you start shooting it.

You might also check out the Sig forum in the Armory section here,  more MPX discussuons are in there.
View Quote

Thanks I didn't realize there was a section for that in the Armory.  Guess I need to do some more browsing.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got the gun and went to range yesterday so far so good. It was a blast to shoot. Looking forward to changing some things on it as time goes on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine is quite and 100% reliable. I'm running a .45 Octane suppressor and 147 grain ammo to stay subsonic. I even loaded up some 124 grain bullets to run 1070 fps from the 8" barrel (mild load) to keep them under the speed of sound and they run 100% as well.

Mine is a Gen1 SBR.

Every time my buddies want go shooting they insist on me bringing this MPX. I like it a lot, but they like it more......
View Quote

My kids love mine, and are killing my 9mm stockpile.

I don’t find it obnoxiously loud or gassy (also using a .45 octane).
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Love shooting my MPX’s.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top