Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 3:53:10 PM EDT
Been reading conflicting stuff on the web.

Can anyone confirm that the Sig Romeo 5 takes the same mounts as the Aimpoint T1/T2 and will be at the same height?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Romeo 5 does use the Aimpoint T/H1 mount.  The height may vary a little because the sights are not exactly down to the last millimeter but they are close to the same height.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read that the centerline of the Romeo 5 is higher than the T1 series.  I don't have an Aimpoint to compare, but my Romeo 5 in an absolute co-witness T1 mount is definitely closer to lower 1/3, and in a lower 1/3 mount the front sight is pretty close to the bottom of the Romeo.

ETA: I just measured one of mine, and with the Bobro lower 1/3 mount (1.5" centerline for a T1), the Romeo 5 centerline height comes in at about 1.7", which is the same as Bobro's High mount.  This tells me the Romeo 5 centerline is 0.2" higher than the T1.  I'll compare to my other mounts as well when I get a chance.

I also mounted up a pair of YHM BUIS, and with the lower 1/3 mount, the red dot is just out of sight when the irons are lined up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read that the centerline of the Romeo 5 is higher than the T1 series.  I don't have an Aimpoint to compare, but my Romeo 5 in an absolute co-witness T1 mount is definitely closer to lower 1/3, and in a lower 1/3 mount the front sight is pretty close to the bottom of the Romeo.

ETA: I just measured one of mine, and with the Bobro lower 1/3 mount (1.5" centerline for a T1), the Romeo 5 centerline height comes in at about 1.7", which is the same as Bobro's High mount.  This tells me the Romeo 5 centerline is 0.2" higher than the T1.  I'll compare to my other mounts as well when I get a chance.

I also mounted up a pair of YHM BUIS, and with the lower 1/3 mount, the red dot is just out of sight when the irons are lined up.
View Quote

My experience is the same.  I have a Romeo5 on an American Defense AD-T1-10 QD mount.  It is advertised as an absolute co-witness with the Aimpoint Micros, but is definitely below center with the Romeo5, much more like a lower 1/3rd.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top