Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2022 7:28:35 PM EDT
I have both an M and S and really like the concept.  I am thinking about getting the later T model.  Anyone have experience with them?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I used one for quite a while for work and didn’t break it.  I don’t have anything to complain about besides the particular reticle I got.

Solid optic, looks good in a magnifier. I do not recommend the circle plex. Get the circle dot version. I found a few scenarios where the plex cross reticle actually obscured the shit out of targets at range,(200-300meter Ivan types) super annoying. Would have rather had even a 4 MOA dot vs the cross.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used one for quite a while for work and didn’t break it.  I don’t have anything to complain about besides the particular reticle I got.

Solid optic, looks good in a magnifier. I do not recommend the circle plex. Get the circle dot version. I found a few scenarios where the plex cross reticle actually obscured the shit out of targets at range,(200-300meter Ivan types) super annoying. Would have rather had even a 4 MOA dot vs the cross.
View Quote

Thanks, I know its not as good as Eotech and Aimpoint, but I love the shake and wake.  I just worry about its fragility.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Romeo8t is a brick shithouse if you don’t need a Micro size
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
These have gotten some traction lately. I think some govt agencies picked them up and are using them, and Christian craighead used one on duty.

I think some people lump all sig optics in the cheap category because most of them are Chinese made (still good optics).

But the 4t Is 99% made in America besides a circuit board that is Japan made.

Here’s a read from Reddit that goes into some details

Sig Romeo 4M/T (and probably the 8t) https://reddit.com/r/tacticalgear/comments/uvd2zt/sig_romeo_4mt_and_probably_the_8t/

I have one and only have a brief time behind it so far but I like it a lot. Being able to change reticles is nice and the shake wake is a bonus I like as well.

For the price you can get them for used (350ish) is awesome compared to aimpoint prices. Even new they are 400-450 or so.

Mine soon will be in a unity mount with a soon to be decided 3x magnifier. TBD if it’ll stay that way.

All in I think it’s a good optic, but again I don’t have lots of rounds with it yet, but the reputation of them is solid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of good info in in this thread so far.
I bought one in FDE to clone the Craig rifle.
But I’ve been really happy with it so far.
It’s definitely worth at least trying for the retical.
It’s very clear in my experience.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Until recently, I was running a 4T on my main AR, which is an 11.3" build.  It's the one I grab most of the time.  I've never been to war, but it's survived what I've put it through.  I've dropped it several times.  It's taken slaps from branches while on a 4 wheeler.  I definitely haven't treated it gingerly.  Honestly, what has always worried me about it is the solar panel, but I haven't broken it yet.

I got my 4T shortly after the FBI adopted them.  I actually got mine used on ebay.  When I got it in, the first thing I did was to try to install the spacer for the 1/3 lower co witness.  Well, as it turned out, the guy that had it before me used blue loctite on the screws and when I removed them, one of the steel inserts in the optic's body backed out with the screw.  I called Sig and they said to send it in ... just the optic, none of the accessories.  In less than two weeks, I had a brand new 4T with a new box and all new accessories.

The 4T is just about made in the USA.  The entire body AND mount are made of 7075 T6.  The screw holes in the optic have steel inserts, as mentioned, and greatly reduce the chance of stripping out the holes.  The reticles also look very good through a magnifier.  I always thought the BDC reticle was just a gimmick, until I added the magnifier.  Get the circle/dot reticle, it's the one to have.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that the 4T isn't as good as an Eotech or Aimpoint.  If I wanted either of those, I'd have them.  The 4T was my first Romeo sight.  Since getting that one, I now have a bunch of Romeo 5s and a couple other 4s.  They're great little optics.

The only reason I'm getting away from them is to go with LPVOs.  My eyes are getting old.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a nice deal on a LNIB one a while ago to replace my old EoTech.

Couldn’t be happier.. eotech style reticle & good battery life in a small package.
The shake awake feature is also a nice touch.
Glass is clear and the optic feels extremely solid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The Romeo 4T /8T have been seen in use in several JSOC units in the last 20 months, in UK SOF use for 4 years and authorized by the FBI for years. Meets the MilSpec Waterproofing (IPX8) standards and Domestic US product standards of production for .Gov contracts.

I shoot PCC in USPSA 1200-1500 rounds a month (14400-18000 per year) in competition at the Grand Master level in southern AZ, my Romeo8T’s  (paired with Romeo 4M’s in 45 deg offsets) I  currently have 82,000 rounds on them split between my  MPX match guns no issues and still on original batteries.

I have a 4T on an AR but it doesn’t see the # of rounds per year as My MPX’s ( reloaded 9mm is way cheaper than 5.56mm)

I prefer the 4T & 8T over Aimpoint or Eotec..
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks, I know its not as good as Eotech and Aimpoint, but I love the shake and wake.  I just worry about its fragility.
View Quote
The FBI issued these optics at some point I believe. I've had cheaper holosuns take absolute beatings and never lose zero. I wouldn't worry about durability unless you plan to play Navy Seal with it and dive with your rifle. In which case check the waterproofing level.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I got rid of my Aimpoint red dots and went all in Romeo4T I have a total of 5 they are in my opinion one of the best red dots out there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I've recently heard that it is pretty bad in night vision performance, from someone who would know. It wasn't the first time I had heard this but it isn't talked about much. Disappointing for me, because otherwise it seems like a great option.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've recently heard that it is pretty bad in night vision performance, from someone who would know. It wasn't the first time I had heard this but it isn't talked about much. Disappointing for me, because otherwise it seems like a great option.
View Quote

It wasn't bad, under nightvision(passive aiming wise).

My CompM5 dot is noticeably cleaner and tunable under nightvision though. That's going off memory though.

I haven't checked the from the front signature though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is interesting.
I have a 4T and 4H, both with the circle plex, and I prefer that.  

BUT, with a 3x, it is more for being more precise up close, rather than shooting at stuff far away.  Mine are on .300blks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The Romeo 4T is built like a tank.  The mount that comes with it appears to be a copy of the Geissele mount for RDS.  Very rugged.  I have gone through a bunch of RDS and have settled on the 4T as my preferred sight.  With the solar panel it will virtually run forever, and the "circle of death" reticle is clear as can be.  I like it so much that I have acquired five (5) of them for my SBRs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like some people love them and others dislike them. I think the FBI went back to aimpoint so that point is kind of done away with
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:09:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seems like some people love them and others dislike them. I think the FBI went back to aimpoint so that point is kind of done away with
View Quote

According to the HRT clone thread, some are still currently in use.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 2 4T's and an 8T. The 8T is very heavy but has a huge sight window and will run 100,000 hours on one battery. If it absolutely, positively has to work, this sight may be for you.

I love my 4T's, they are compact, light and very reliable. Unless you are a Navy SEAL, they are rugged enough for anyone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#18]
This was posted in the JSOC Clone thread by S-1:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got into one of these with the circle dot reticle.

The multiple dot reticles are useless unless you’re running a mag, but the single dot and Eotech reticle is nice.

The optic itself feels very chinese-ish made.  I still need more time with it to give a better assessment , but so far, I like it…however, T2s are still king.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
This versus the Aimpoint Duty?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Hop shows the 4T under night vision in comparison to the Romeo5 and Holosun HS510C. To my eye it's the best of those 3, but not in the same league as a T2, EoTech, or AEMS.

He is asked about the Aimpoint Duty in the comments, says the light transmission is somewhat higher than the PRO but in a narrower band. His buddy Brass Facts shows the Duty under NV.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#22]
So I’ve had my 4T for about a week now, and I’ve already swapped to a new battery and the MOATAC feels like I really need to shake it to get it to turn on if it’s been sitting for a while.  Anybody else experiencing this?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I’ve had my 4T for about a week now, and I’ve already swapped to a new battery and the MOATAC feels like I really need to shake it to get it to turn on if it’s been sitting for a while.  Anybody else experiencing this?
View Quote

I've been using two Romeo 4t's for a few years now and I have not had that issue once. I've only had to switch batteries after a very very long time as well. I would reach out to Sig.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top