Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2022 11:22:38 AM EDT
Currently debating between the two. I'd like to get something piston driven, and the prices are so similar these days its hard to make a decision.
B&T will require some extra cash just to slap a stock or brace on, but if I'm honest I'd like to SBR either one, so in fairness so would the 11.5 vertus.

In my mind the 8ish inch barrel on the APC223 is a let down. The 12in variant is more ballistically appealing, but as far as I know there isnt an extended handgaurd available to give it the look of she shorter variant.

Leaning toward MCX, but looking for opinions on either, from those who own one or both
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
MCX for sure gets my vote.  It is on my short list but they are difficult to find.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely leaning to the 11.5 MCX, SBR, Socom RC2...
The B&Ts have a certain allure about them though that speaks to my 'fine tuned, fine crafted' sensibilities, however. I have a feeling I'll end up with both but I really want to scratch that piston urge.

3K is a joke for the MPX though - I wish Sig would start pushing them out
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
MCX. And I’m a huge B&T fanboy.

PCC’s - B&T
5.56 or 300BLK - MCX
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I like this logic - Been eying a GHM9 for quite a while. That 600 dollar stock addition sucks but I somehow prefer the GHM over the APC
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to high jack this thread, but did I hear there is an $8000 Sig MCX now?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to high jack this thread, but did I hear there is an $8000 Sig MCX now?
View Quote

It's the Spear, Sig's entry into the NGSW program. It's a 13" SBR with a suppressor, and only comes like that for the immediate future.

It's in their .277 Fury, which is running 80k PSI to get 3,000fps from a 130gr round out of that 13" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, theyre smoking dick with that price.
I know its basically an NGSW clone but I think I speak for the people when I say, "just make more MCXs"
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know its basically an NGSW clone but I think I speak for the people when I say, "just make more MCXs"
View Quote

that is 1 of 50 initial release and iirc comes with suppressor also. The regular ones should be cheaper, but by how much who knows....
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#9]
MCX all the way!  

As for the spear....I'd wait until Gen 2 or Gen 3 come out before jumping on that train.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

that is 1 of 50 initial release and iirc comes with suppressor also. The regular ones should be cheaper, but by how much who knows....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, it's a "special edition" release that mirrors the NGSW submission. The price isn't for us normal folks but for individuals that value having a first edition of sorts and that comes with some exclusive elements.

Should go to the Sig Armory section, a lot of individuals there are clamoring for a standard edition MCX Spear, so not everyone just wants more Virtus setups.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The Virtus is dope. Love mine, I've been a Stoner design fanboy for a long time, but the MCX is cooler and a pretty solid leap forward in design when it comes to the ARish world.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top