Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2018 9:24:27 PM EDT
What says the hive?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you like the circle dot vs just a single dot?

Do you like a micro frame vs a full size frame?

How do you feel about the solar addition?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the circle dot, I am pushing 60 however I shoot very well with the Pro. The Haoloson gets great reviews and so I considered it for the lower weight having had the older  Primary Arms micro back in the day. The Aimpoint is the  nicest optic that I have though. What I really want is the T1 but well, aint gonna fly with my  computer component upgrades that I recently completed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sell and add cash to upgrade to a T/H 1/2.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sell and add cash to upgrade to a T/H 1/2.

My 2 cents.
View Quote
Normally, i would but i just dropped a grand on cpu, pws, memory SSD etc.  if it was only another deuce maybe but 300 or so, thats pushing it. The wife is an angel, she bought me my AR for my birthday 8 years ago. I do not want to poison the well.

It think I will hang onto it until i can do just that. Thanks for bringing me to my senses.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Good choice.  The Pro is fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love the circle dot, I am pushing 60 however I shoot very well with the Pro. The Haoloson gets great reviews and so I considered it for the lower weight having had the older  Primary Arms micro back in the day. The Aimpoint is the  nicest optic that I have though. What I really want is the T1 but well, aint gonna fly with my  computer component upgrades that I recently completed.
View Quote
I wouldn't get rid of a sight that I know I shoot very well with, and replace it with one that I'm unsure about. Get both, then sell the one that you like less. Or just keep the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep the PRO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you ever want to use a magnifier, the Holosun reticle is clearer under magnification than the AimPoint except for the T2.

And should you decide to go with a micro body, you will notice the difference right away in the handling.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Regarding circle dot reticles, does the Holosun currently overshadow the Eotech?

Improved balance as mentioned above would seem to be another plus for the Holosun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#12]
They have a 30mm micro coming. Wait for that
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good choice.  The Pro is fantastic.
View Quote
Agreed.  That downgrade does not seem favorable, at all.

They are bit heavier, but it is hard not to love a good full size Aimpoint.  Micros are great, but I will always grab my CompM3 running out of a burning house at the end of the world
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They have a 30mm micro coming. Wait for that
View Quote
Who's making this?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd keep the PRO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who's making this?
View Quote
Holosun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqO7-_hTXKI&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Keep the PRO.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Keep the PRO.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Definitely keep the Pro.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Keep the Pro
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I sold my T1 and got 2 Holosuns. Totally worth it and would do it again.  The circle dot curb stomps a single dot. Plus no starburst if you have an astigmatism.

I fretted over this decision too for a while. I’m still here. Not dead because my Holosun died during shtf. Lol. Trust me, make the move.

Edit to add: everyone told me the same thing when I asked. Told me I was crazy. Like I said, it worked out perfectly.  Two of my AR’s have Holosuns. And unlike the majority of Gun owners I shoot. Quite a bit. And I’m not easy on my guns. They are just tools to me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top