Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2020 4:23:03 PM EDT
I have ammo. But ordered some blk hills TMK 556 77gr. Still on back order...this will be for my sbr, for in the home. Is good for that type of application.
I have around 1k of supper gold dot. Just want some of this also. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
yes I would
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want it, I see no reason to cancel outside of finding a vendor who has it in stock.

Gold Dots will do better with barriers but TMK is going to have stronger terminal characteristics. Really tough to do better than a tipped heavy OTM for sheer wounding potential. Not to mention it's highly accurate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it good for hd?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it good for hd?
View Quote
Extremely good. For pure terminal potential a heavy OTM is probably the king. Bonded soft points are a bit more reliable and well-rounded since they offer strong barrier performance...but if we're just talking about what the bullet does in soft tissue, the TMK is going to be hard to beat.

It takes the SMK, which is already devastating in its own right, and reduces the neck down to about zero. It frags almost immediately and penetrates well due to its long design and heavy for caliber weight.

If barrier performance isn't a concern, frag > expansion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright guys....thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
ammo is always a good investment.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah....finally got my ammo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Yay.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top