Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2021 7:42:35 AM EDT
I have a MI drop in quad rail on my main AR with my IR laser device.

I haven't shot with it yet for multiple reasons and was wondering if anyone has used these rails for their laser as well or if I should just upgrade to another rail to save me from future headaches of losing zero.

I also took the pressure switch off before anyone roasts me on the wire being unsecured.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, no. I have shot plenty of rounds at night with a KAC RAS and a PEQ2 and it was fine for "combat".

Just avoid resiting the barrel on anything when shooting and make sure the rail isn't shifting at all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course a rail that doesn't lock up or bends easily will not hold a good zero.
A kac ras will clamp to the barrel nut making it secure for lasers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Just look at your optic and wiggle the rail by the slant grip and see variation in the laser and optic... you will have your answer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I think it depends on what you're doing. Using a laser to aim or shooting under nods I personally don't expect a high level of precision, so a little wiggle isn't the end of the world
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Asking forums isn’ta bad place to start but you’d be surprised at how much incorrect information gets parroted.

So go out and test for yourself :)

Test under multiple conditions over a period of a couple of months.

And if you won’t make time to do that you have to be ok with not really knowing how it’s going to behave if you really need it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Asking forums isn’ta bad place to start but you’d be surprised at how much incorrect information gets parroted.

So go out and test for yourself :)

Test under multiple conditions over a period of a couple of months.

And if you won’t make time to do that you have to be ok with not really knowing how it’s going to behave if you really need it.
View Quote

Yeah i was just seeing if anyone had already used these type of rails before. The rail lock up is very tight and movement is very very little like my upper moves in the lower before the handguard wants to move and its not a lot so for a laser i figured it was ok.

Also finding somewhere to shoot at night has proven to be difficult. About the most I'll be able to test is shooting with the visible laser until i can find somewhere to shoot at night.

Tried looking for a KAC RAS and its appears to be out of stock everywhere so I think if I do upgrade the rail ill just go to a legit FF handguard set up.

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Slave it to your optic aiming point...easy to check that way.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Went and shot with the visible laser over the weekend only at 25 yards its what I got around me.

Laser worked great definitely different not used to shooting with a laser. Held zero for me to shoot 25 yard headshots. Not anything to right home about with an AR but was very happy with the performance.

I'll add some pictures later.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Inside 200 yards probably no problem. If you can feel any play, it will have a window of movement that reduces your range.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
One thing I should of done was put my laser on a lower power setting so it didn't bloom as bad but it was neat having a green beam go down the range LOL. Im sure people on the other side of the range were probably like WTF lmao.

Also shooting with a laser like this is different.

https://i.imgur.com/VxGqJ7N.gifv
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top