Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 7:09:54 PM EDT
Looking for one of these. Preferably inexpensive but not cheap quality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Competition Electronics pocket pro or pocket pro 2 are about as cheap as I would go, both are around $100
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I down loaded a couple on my iPhone, haven't tried them but they were indeed cheap.

Earphones inside the ear protection to hear the start buzzer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking at the pocket pro 3. My only concern is that I go to a range that can be busy. Can the sensitivity be changed enough so no other gunshots register on it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I down loaded a couple on my iPhone, haven't tried them but they were indeed cheap.

Earphones inside the ear protection to hear the start buzzer.
View Quote
I have the pocket pro 2 and it works great for my needs.

I tried some of the apps and they are not real consistent or optimal.  They are not bad in a pinch, but would buy a dedicated timer.  The "splits" app i used on my android phone was the best by far
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the pocket pro 3. My only concern is that I go to a range that can be busy. Can the sensitivity be changed enough so no other gunshots register on it?
View Quote
Never seen a pocket pro 3, only 1, 2, and 4 but yes they have a sensitivity setting you can play with that covers a good range. Some supressed guns dont pick up on the default setting of 13, but you can adjust it to be more sensitive and vice versa.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Note. None of the phone timers work with iOS 10 or above.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Pocket pro or Pact club timer.
I like the beep on the pocket pro better
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Pocket Pro II and it works fine for what I do in training.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top