Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2021 10:09:53 PM EDT
Looking for mags that are smaller, better for shooting prone at competitions. I was looking at the short s&w mags but I can’t find any. Any alternatives
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The black dog 10rd mags are somewhat short.  Not quite as short as the 10rd S&W to my recollection, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The black dog 10rd mags are somewhat short.  Not quite as short as the 10rd S&W to my recollection, though.
View Quote

I believe the 15rd mags are the same length as the 10rd blackdog mags.  They have worked great for me.  The harris is a 6-9 swivel model and the legs are not extended.  My son shooting it at 50yrds.

Same 15rd black dog mag on a 4.5"build I did recently (using a very short Troy grip)

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Atchisson patent pattern 10 round mags (as sold by J.A. Ciener) are short and all steel.  Not compatible with McFadden loader.

Disclaimer:  I own a Atchisson patent pattern 30 round mag (as sold by J.A. Ciener), not the 10 round which is a cut down version of the 30 rounder.
I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments.  Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]

@balloo93
Off topic, but can you share how you've got that brace attached?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
@ar15-joe KNS rail adapter

I fed some paracord through the unused rail section for a single point sling.

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@ar15-joe KNS rail adapter

I fed some paracord through the unused rail section for a single point sling.

View Quote

Nice.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Both the 10 round and 15 round Black Dog Machine magazines are the same length as a standard 20 round 5.56 magazine. They work fine for shooting from a bench with rest or bipod and for shooting prone.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top