Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2023 8:35:20 AM EDT
I recently built a upper, it's a BCA right hand side charging bcg upper assembly with 20" 223 wylde barrel with a 750gas block, it's what the barrel calls for and a rifle length gas tube. All new parts. Barrel nut and hand guard is a ar stoner and a silencerco flash hider. If that stuff matters. The lower is psa lower off of my other ar, thats is a 16" carbine. So when I shot the bcg only goes back about a inch and that's it. Again all new stuff. Except the lower. I have read some stuff online but looking to get more specific to what's happening to mine thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you manually pull the charging handle all the way to the rear, does the BCG go all the way to the rear?  The face of the bolt should stop right before going past the rear of the ejection port, about 1/8" to 1/4".  If so, I would check gas block alignment next.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I can pull it all the way back by hand after ever shot. The barrel has the alignment dimple on the bottom so thinking it's aligned correctly. Took the block off with the tube still in and blew threw it and heard and felt the air come out so the tube and block are correctly connected.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
With the gas block removed, look at the gas port hole.  Is there a fulll 360 degree carbon ring around that gas port hole?  If you can post a pic.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok so I found the the bcg was really hard to pull back to took the bolt out and it was very dry and crusty. So I cleaned and put oil all over and now everything is moving smooth. Next step it to fire it. Will keep you updated  thank you
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top