Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2021 5:27:38 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend one? Would be using for 5.56 & 9mm.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The goto for 223/300blk seems to be the Brass Goat: https://brassgoat.com/

Don't know if this would work for 9mm though ...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
These work pretty well

And so is this, used both

Should work with 9mm no problem but haven't actually used one on a 9mm myself
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for comments, tired of chasing brass in the dirt/weeds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I made this which I like better than a weapon mounted catcher.  This will work for all weapons platforms. For pistol and carbine I use it on my tripod, for benched semi's or bolt actions I put it on the table.  I had some pvc tubes left over, so cost was minimal.

Here's a youtube link on how to make one, and a picture of my finished one.  I used these clamps on mine.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made this which I like better than a weapon mounted catcher.  This will work for all weapons platforms. For pistol and carbine I use it on my tripod, for benched semi's or bolt actions I put it on the table.  I had some pvc tubes left over, so cost was minimal.

Here's a youtube link on how to make one, and a picture of my finished one.  I used these clamps on mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/103648/IMG_0262_JPG-1842678.jpg
View Quote

I also made one like that, with a mesh laundry bag and some 1/2" pvc.  I also use one of these that mount to the rail of the AR, works great and doesn't sag like some.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don't mind spending the money, then Tactical Brass Recovery will do very nicely. But it requires a rail to mount on to. I have the AR10/AR15 one. Blows the Caldwell and copies of it away and was worth the cost.

If your 9mm upper has no Case Deflector, then I would recommend as previously mentioned, the Brass Goat. Took three days to get here after ordering. I really like it. If I didn't have an AR10, I would have sold the TBC and use those funds to buy a few more Brass Goats quite honestly. I use mine as a shell deflector mostly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks gents for all of the suggestions. Brass Goat it is!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top