Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2022 11:41:45 AM EDT
Has anybody run Sgt Major Munitions M193 all I know is it is zinc plated Tula with Serbian powder. I have a major importer of same close to me and in today's market the price point is decent
Feed back will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Figuring it's similar or the same as Silver Bear. Was going to grab a case to try out , but they sold out fast.

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Buying a case of 300blk next check, supposed to be boxer primed brass case Tula.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Delete - Keeping this out of tech.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
so far i am getting 6" groups out of 3 different rifles at 100 yards. horrible. 2 were 16" rifles with 1:7 twist, 1 was a 20" 1:7
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Well tried to get out today for a bit and in between rain I was able to try out some of the Sargent Major ammo. I just got a case in yesterday and ran to range with 120 rds and a couple of different rifles.

So , the initial run with a 16" suppressed upper ran fine and gave me about a 3" group at 100. Next up was a brand new MK18 mod 1 clone , and it choked on it. Basically fired fine , but not enough " ummpff "to eject and cycle it. I did not shoot for accuracy , but was hitting a steel plate at about 65 yards with no issues. I could get maybe two or three rounds off , then it would fail to reload.

It looks very similar to Silver Bear and reacts bout the same and is ok ammo for just banging around with.

As a side note I hade some old surplus Brit ss109 that has always functioned fine for me in a number of rifles , but would not cycle the mk18 clone.

For .40 a round delivered the SM ammo was ok and would buy again if the price was right and to keep the good stuff held back.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top