Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 10:20:36 AM EDT
I'm considering selling a couple of inexpensive builds using PSA 10.5" uppers with Anderson stripped lowers to purchase a LaRue UU Kit and Lower.  I own a few different AR's but don't really have a good quality complete rifle from one of the big name makers in 5.56.  I'd be getting rid of two builds for one, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#1]
In for an answer.

All I have is builds too, I gave my 1990s Colt to my oldest son.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I did this exact thing towards the end of summer only I bought an ADM UIC Mod2. I had built a multitude of inexpensive franken guns over the last few years so when the market changed and I was able to make a little profit on them I made it happen. Sold 3 though and got a quality optic setup for it as well. No regrets. I love the ADM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm considering selling a couple of inexpensive builds using PSA 10.5" uppers with Anderson stripped lowers to purchase a LaRue UU Kit and Lower.  I own a few different AR's but don't really have a good quality complete rifle from one of the big name makers in 5.56.  I'd be getting rid of two builds for one, what do you guys think?
View Quote
Do what you want. Sounds simple and it is. I have been though so many poverty ponies as well as uber Gucci guns and when it really comes down to it, it is just preference. I am a snob and prefer Gucci but they have all ran the same and were reliable and as far as accuracy goes I only shoot gong so no difference there. So as simple as it is just do what you would like the most and run it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Plenty fair if you can order one by the time you get the cash in hand.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
If the stuff you have works and does what you want, it’s good to go.  

Keep it and buy more.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
In the event of something bad, you can only fire one gun at a time. Well, effectively at least.

Point being, never undercut your go to gun. Whether its reliable parts or building it to make you the most efficient as possible. Spend what you need to get one where you need it, then worry about the rest as novelties.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I traded in tons of cheaper stuff to upgrade. If it's to fill an itch to get something fresh go ahead but you will never cure that itch and will find an excuse to get a cheaper build again anyway.

If you use it hard and really know you need something or upgrade I'd say go for it also.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold off a fair amount of "extra" stuff last year while price was (is) way up. AR, Fudd guns, some Commie stuff.
Used the money to get a couple nice guns and cans. The things I bought were normal or less priced.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I really only need to sell one of them to purchase the LaRue UU Kit and can dish out the extra for the stripped lower.  I'm debating between going with a 12" barrel and using as a pistol for now (maybe sbr it later) or go with a 14.5" p&w.  Caliber will be 5.56 since I have plenty on hand.  I have two 16" AR's already and a 10.3" along with two 10.5" inexpensive ones in 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Double Post.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really only need to sell one of them to purchase the LaRue UU Kit and can dish out the extra for the stripped lower.  I'm debating between going with a 12" barrel and using as a pistol for now (maybe sbr it later) or go with a 14.5" p&w.  Caliber will be 5.56 since I have plenty on hand.  I have two 16" AR's already and a 10.3" along with two 10.5" inexpensive ones in 5.56.
View Quote

If you have 16" and a couple shorties I'd look at 14.5" but I'm partial to 14.5" for an all around build.

It's something that might be a good go to and pistols might not have a bright future unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you have 16" and a couple shorties I'd look at 14.5" but I'm partial to 14.5" for an all around build.

It's something that might be a good go to and pistols might not have a bright future unfortunately.
View Quote

Good point.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d say go for it as long as you have something solid on hand while you wait 6 months for the LaRue UU kit to ship. You’re going to be on a long waitlist.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#14]
do it
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you guys think it would be better to wait and sell after Sleepy Joe is in office for a little more money than today’s market? I can purchase the UU kit still and sell a little later.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do you guys think it would be better to wait and sell after Sleepy Joe is in office for a little more money than today’s market? I can purchase the UU kit still and sell a little later.
View Quote

If you can spring it I would. But you never know, they could make it untransferable. Anything is possible.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I know I'll get more out of my poverty ponies right now than any other time but it's tough to commit.

I'm looking for a steal on a SR15/Super Duty. If I get it I'll buy and then sell the others to recoup.

My dad's "never sell a gun" still lingers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#18]
My shittiest franken AR runs as good as my Gucci custom, that runs as good the only "factory" rifle I own; and everything in between. If it's put together properly with in-spec parts, there just really isn't a significant reliability concern.

IMO of course.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, I got on board with the quality over quantity deal a while back and it's nice. I mean, how are you gonna handle 11 ARs in the doodoo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My shittiest franken AR runs as good as my Gucci custom, that runs as good the only "factory" rifle I own; and everything in between. If it's put together properly with in-spec parts, there just really isn't a significant reliability concern.

IMO of course.
View Quote

This I never really had junk PSA premium was pretty much my budget set ups but to be honest besides maybe gas not really a huge difference when I'm actually shooting. I like having quality stuff but if they don't have problems tge advantages to price differences are minimal. I also don't throw them in mud and torture test mine so I could be off base.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]
My stuff is pretty static at this point but I understand they are just guns after all. Build, buy, sell, trade, try, shoot, carry, until you get it right. If you never get it exactly right...well...that is OK too. Keep buying, building, selling trading, etc.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks fellas, I decided to bite the bullet and place a order for a UU kit and lower.  Hopefully it will get shipped before everything goes to crap.  Also in the market for a BCM complete lower or stripped lower to match an upper I have and a BCG.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Stopped by a local gun shop on Friday afternoon just to see how it was.  Didn't have a whole lot but they did just get in some parts from aero precision.  Had a box of Nitride BCG's, enhanced LPK's and buffer tube kits.  Guy at the counter said they won't last long and wasn't sure if I should believe him so went ahead and grabbed a few things since they were all at normal prices.  Told a few buddies about it and they went the following morning to get some but they were all sold out.  When I saw the box they must of had a few hundred BCG's and within 24 hours all gone.  Is this the normal thing now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Stopped by a local gun shop on Friday afternoon just to see how it was.  Didn't have a whole lot but they did just get in some parts from aero precision.  Had a box of Nitride BCG's, enhanced LPK's and buffer tube kits.  Guy at the counter said they won't last long and wasn't sure if I should believe him so went ahead and grabbed a few things since they were all at normal prices.  Told a few buddies about it and they went the following morning to get some but they were all sold out.  When I saw the box they must of had a few hundred BCG's and within 24 hours all gone.  Is this the normal thing now?
View Quote

If it was normal as in MSRP, yes...that sounds about right.  Go look for quality parts in stock and you'll have a hard time finding anything right now.

You'll like the UU Kit, but you're in for a long wait.  It's the best value out there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If it was normal as in MSRP, yes...that sounds about right.  Go look for quality parts in stock and you'll have a hard time finding anything right now.

You'll like the UU Kit, but you're in for a long wait.  It's the best value out there.
View Quote

They were priced for $135 each.

I have no issues with the long wait, just hope I it ships before any crazy gun restrictions happen.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top