Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 12:17:26 AM EDT
I recently switched to an LPVO from a red dot and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with scope caps holding up to impacts? I would like to use it as OPFOR for UTM force on force training, which I do just about every weekend. I was using an A2 upper because I lost an Eotech and HLX on my last build from UTM hits and recently built a new AR that is sporting an LPVO and OWL, so if I could find a scope cap that would survive a UTM, I could OPFOR in peace knowing my stuff won't get permanently wrecked. Preferably a clear one but my optic has illumination so a black one would probably work too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn’t find any that suited my purposes (trijicon MRO) so I’m just going to make some out of petg. Also making one for my peq and surefire. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Aadland scope caps are probably the toughest I know of.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Vortex caps are what I use, blows doors over others and still at a reasonable cost. Butler creek are trash.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say no. There’s nothing you could put complete confidence in.

I’ve even broke aadlands on hunting rifles. Sure they get replaced for free but if they’re going to break in the end what’s the point?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using Vortex caps lately, but if you want the toughest, they'll be pretty expensive. Leupold makes aluminum scope caps for about $99 per set.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top