Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2020 4:57:05 PM EDT
I recently purchased some 20 round Colt 5.56 magazines on the Equipment Exchange. The individual described them as "old school" and referred to the alloy followers. In our discussion I even mentioned that I purchase the alloy follower 20 rounders every chance I get.
Anyway, I purchased all 17 of them and upon arrival I received 4 alloy follower mags and the other 13 were black plastic.
Long story short, the individual will not reply to my emails (that's how he requested to commo) once I informed him of the issue. Before I report it through the channels, I wanted to get a sanity check. Would the 20 rounders with black plastic followers be or at anytime were they considered "old school?"
I've received these with new Colt ARs within the past several years, so to my knowledge the answer is no. The 20 rounders with alloy followers are Vietnam era.
Appreciate any help. Thanks!

ADDED TO POST: This is from  the Magazine FAQ: Colt commercial 20 round. Circa 1980 to 1989. Black plastic followers.
Marked Colt w/pony on floorplate.

I guess this could be considered "old school" to some
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Taken from your OP

"The individual described them as "old school" and referred to the alloy followers"

If he advertised alloy and send you plastic then he lied to you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Taken from your OP

"The individual described them as "old school" and referred to the alloy followers"

If he advertised alloy and send you plastic then he lied to you.
View Quote

I agree, but I’ll give the seller the possibility that he is stupid rather than dishonest.

Continued non-response would shift that from stupid to dishonest.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree, but I’ll give the seller the possibility that he is stupid rather than dishonest.

Continued non-response would shift that from stupid to dishonest.
View Quote

I agree with your assessment
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Without seeing comms it's hard telling what the seller was thinking.

And yeah, more than one would consider the black followers as "old school".

If you feel wronged start a NF thread.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all for your input. He contacted me and it was an assumption by both of us that led to the misunderstanding. I should have known to conduct my normal "interrogation" before purchasing.

To top it off I just received some more mags and was shorted two. Contacted the seller and he is fixing the problem. Anyway, as we all know, these are just some of the things you may encounter when transacting online as private individuals.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad you worked it out.  

I've never had issues with black followers nor seen any.   Never had problems with green in 30s either. I think the whole follower thing is overblown anyway.

John Mason sells aluminum followers on his site, or he used to.  Site just says "will open 5/20/20"
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top