Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2019 2:55:28 PM EDT
DELETE

Thread ruined by PSA fan BOIs
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
For $700 you can buy a regular 5.56 AR and a 300 blackout upper.

Nothing magical about S&W that makes it worth $300 more than anyone else.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For $700 you can buy a regular 5.56 AR and a 300 blackout upper.

Nothing magical about S&W that makes it worth $300 more than anyone else.
View Quote
Im only currently interested in the S&W 300 BO I saw at Academy Sports as was soliciting feedback from any onwers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to pick up a PSA or Anderson Lower for $50 or less, then a PSA MOE lower build kit for a $100 or less, I paid $89 for my last one and look around for a complete .300 upper for around $300.  That would put you are $450 for a complete rifle.

ETA: PSA currently has a 10.5 " .300 upper for $199 and they have lower receivers on sale for $29.99
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You should be able to pick up a PSA or Anderson Lower for $50 or less, then a PSA MOE lower build kit for a $100 or less, I paid $89 for my last one and look around for a complete .300 upper for around $300.  That would put you are $450 for a complete rifle.

ETA: PSA currently has a 10.5 " .300 upper for $199 and they have lower receivers on sale for $29.99
View Quote
This is correct and in fact the PSA lowers have been as low as 29.99...

For 700$ you could actually get 2 rifle kits (1 in 5.56 for 279, 1 in 300 for 369) and 2 lowers all delivered from PSA. If you opted for pistol kits then it would be even cheaper.

There's a thread that says now's the time to stock up and I believe it especially with these prices.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Indeed, the PSA kits are where the value is these days. The deals are absolutely incredible. I don't need another AR but I know I will end up getting one just because the prices are too low not to.

I suspect that one day we are going to look back at these days and marvel that we could put together complete, quality ARs for less than $300. And regret not buying as many as we could at those prices.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Not interested in any PSA stuff, sorry guys. To many people report problems with that brand on this site. At least the Smith comes with a Lifetime Warranty and will work right out of the box. I am not in to "assembling" guns like so many of you on this site like to refer to as doing "builds". I would rather buy a complete gun with a Warranty, a proper designed gas system to work with both supers and subs, like the Smith, and take off the shit I don't want and put on the shit I do want. That's just my style which is different from many others.

I was going to buy the S&W 300 BlackOut, it was actually $749.00, not $799.00 but when I went back to get one, (Friday night) it was only a display model, I usually shy away from Display models.  
So Saturday I went to 2 other Academy Sports and none of them had any, even stating they didn't even stock the Smith in 300 BO and had no idea why the Douglasville store would even have one. So I go back to the Douglasville store to consider it a 2nd time and learned the display model had been sold 2 hours earlier lol.

Buy the way, neither Ford or GM builds cars or trucks, they "assemble" them from sourced parts, that's why their Assembly plants are called just that, Assembly plants. You do build houses however. There is a difference.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
PSA has a lifetime warranty on its firearms as well.

Picky isnt cheap. but you do you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PSA has a lifetime warranty on its firearms as well.

Picky isnt cheap. but you do you.
View Quote
Thats a good thing as it appears most people need it. And have a hard time getting it.

PSA wasnt the title of the thread that I was asking about. This isnt GD either.

At this point a MOD might as well delete or lock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had a smith and wesson 300 blackout ever since they first come out . it is very reliable and accurate .  it will shoot subs suppressed or not and super sonic loads suppressed or not . great little rifle for deer hunting in timber .

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I have assembled a lot of their "parts" and all of them work just fine, being picky might be smart, but spending more money than you need to for a .300  is not.

As some one said, you be you, hope you find what you want

By the way, many houses these days are built from "sourced" parts, I watch them build a complete house in 3 days last week, they poured the foundation, then the walls which were pre built by another company was brought in and the trusses that another company were brought in.  So you are incorrect, houses are not always "Built" these days.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have had a smith and wesson 300 blackout ever since they first come out . it is very reliable and accurate .  it will shoot subs suppressed or not and super sonic loads suppressed or not . great little rifle for deer hunting in timber .

https://i.imgur.com/XZvmDhv.jpg
View Quote
That's a nice rifle, a real keeper. I sure wish I had bought that display model now. NON-buyers remorse lol. I just figured I could go to one of the other 2 stores near me and get a new one in a box. I never realized how rare it was and there would only be that one in that 1 store at a 200 dollar discount to boot. Still kicking myself.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to email me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thats a good thing as it appears most people need it. And have a hard time getting it.

PSA wasnt the title of the thread that I was asking about. This isnt GD either.

At this point a MOD might as well delete or lock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You PSA fan BOIs coming into a thread and crapping on it like this remind me of Gays trying to push their agenda on the rest of us that don't want it. Thanks for crapping on my S&W thread.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You PSA fan BOIs coming into a thread and crapping on it like this remind me of Gays trying to push their agenda on the rest of us that don't want it. Thanks for crapping on my S&W thread.
View Quote
You asked if the rifle you want is worth $800. The first four people to respond said you can get alternatives which are just as good for much less money. You asked for more information and links and later edited that request out.

If you didn't want to hear that your chosen rifle is overpriced at $800 then you should be a little more careful in the questions you ask.

My KAC SR-15 is overpriced compared to alternatives but I'm not all sore about it. I didn't buy it as a value option.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#16]
S&W rifles are good at $500
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You asked if the rifle you want is worth $800. The first four people to respond said you can get alternatives which are just as good for much less money. You asked for more information and links and later edited that request out.

If you didn't want to hear that your chosen rifle is overpriced at $800 then you should be a little more careful in the questions you ask.

My KAC SR-15 is overpriced compared to alternatives but I'm not all sore about it. I didn't buy it as a value option.
View Quote
You PSA fan BOIs can talk to yourself, I am UNSUBSCRIBING from my own thread lol.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Someone who is considering a S&W is talking trash about PSA???haha the reason there isn’t a lack of threads about PSA issues is because PSA is selling more AR’s than any other company at the moment, and has been for a few years. WAY more. What you don’t hear is people saying that PSA refused to make it right. Learn to take advice whether it’s what you want to hear or isn’t. If you want the S&W, fine. You don’t have to get all emotional about others making suggestions lol and no, I’m not a PSA fan boi. I don’t own one. But if I only had $750 to spend on an AR, it would probably go towards a PSA.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You PSA fan BOIs can talk to yourself, I am UNSUBSCRIBING from my own thread lol.
View Quote
You unsubscribing from the whole website probably wouldn't hurt anybodies feelings, you were the one that asked where you could get a .300 Blackout for $500 bucks, so some of us gave you some ideas.

Now that said, you posted in the wrong section to begin with, because this is the general tech section and your question was not a technical question.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#22]
You asked for advice and got honest answers, why pitch a fit?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You asked for advice and got honest answers, why pitch a fit?
View Quote
I don't want to hear answers that don't fit my decision.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Now that said, you posted in the wrong section to begin with, because this is the general tech section and your question was not a technical question.
View Quote
I'm not a GD poster, but you're right, this thread would be 1000x better in GD.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I know this thread is about to go away, but it was a pretty funny read.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#26]
So did OP get a psa?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I love when people argue the difference between building and assembling.

building noun
build·?ing | \ 'bil-di?  
Definition of building
1 : a usually roofed and walled structure built for permanent use (as for a dwelling)
2 : the art or business of assembling materials into a structure
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#31]
PSA fan boys didn't ruin this. But, locked per OP request.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top