Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2020 4:19:45 PM EDT
Hey guys, recently purchased my first AR (S&W MP15) . I let my little brother clean it/oil it when i first got it and he lost my safety assembly.

I am wondering what part(s) i will need to replace it.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My question is how did he lose the safety parts if he was just cleaning and oiling it

Also, select fire? WTF. ATF go home.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
In
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Lost safety detent when you replaced grip
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Little brother, huh?  At least he got the grip back on for you.  Did "he" lose the detent and/or spring too?

This is a real nice ambi selector for a very reasonable price.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JBO-AR-15-Ambidextrous-Safety-Selector-p/jb-ambi-safety.htm

This oops kit will give you what you need, a spare & a few other spare parts.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Doublestar-AR-15-Oops-Replacement-Kit-AR791-p/ds-ar791.htm

This is the safety selector spring & detent in that kit that you will need to use.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lost safety detent when you replaced grip
View Quote

But how does one lose a safety though?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But how does one lose a safety though?
View Quote

By putting a magpul pistol grip on your new AR without knowing what your doing, then somehow misplacing it while you're trying to find a way to make it work again?  Just a guess.  If you are married, you blame it on your wife, if you still live with your mom, you blame it on your brother.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top