Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2021 2:12:47 AM EDT
Title essentially says it all, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I'm running a SR07 plugged into a M600DF. I know the switch cant run the light to its full potential and I do notice a dimming for a split second when I turn the light on using the switch. I dont really have a problem with that. However, every so often when I hit the switch (momentary or constant) the light will noticeably flicker. And to clarify, when I say flicker its not like the light is rapidly turning on and off like the battery is losing connection. Its staying on the entire time but 'flickering' with the output intensity changing/flickering. I think(?) it is an issue with the switch/tail cap connection because it seems to go away when I rotate or otherwise adjust the connection between the two.

I'm guessing this isnt normal and am just wondering the best course of action at this point. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Problem-with-surefire-m600df-tape-switch-light-dims/20-741523/

Here’s a thread speaking to the same issue. Mine was problematic too but I wasn’t able to consistently fix it while still using a pressure switch. Hopefully reading through that thread can help you troubleshoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having a similar problem.  Upon normal momentary actuation, I get either full output (maybe 90% of the time), very dim output (around 7% of the time), or zero output (approx 3% of the time). Just sent a request in to SF customer service to see about a head swap or something.  The light is probably a Mar-April 2020 production.  I'm running a Unity Hotbutton but did verify the same issue with a SR07 and Modbutton as well.  Will update once I get a replacement head on there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
@Calviroman

Yeah, definitely let me know what you head back. I'm noticing that the problem mostly occurs when I use my constant on button. Maybe 30% of the time or more the output is noticeably dimmer and flickering. I know that the SR07 isnt equipped to run the M600DF at full capacity. I was expecting a drop in power but this is a drop in power on top of the drop in power . Which again, even that is manageable but the flickering is definitely annoying and kinda worries me
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Not the first issue with the DF lights.

LINK
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top