Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2022 7:41:30 AM EDT
In a sriracha bottle no less.

Fellow ARFCOM member gave me a big-ass bottle of SOTARACHA from a batch he made yesterday.

Looking forward to using it.

Up until recently I'd never heard of it. For the uninitiated, it’s a mix of Mobil 1 synthetic grease and Mobil 1 5w30.

SOTAR: School Of The American Rifle

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Dip your BCG in it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't the grease and oil separate?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
tastes good too

Home Brew AR Lube & AR Lubrication
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't the grease and oil separate?
View Quote

You would think so because they always do.

It seems like most that use this are putting tons of it every time they shoot so separation is not a big deal because they lube the crap out of their rifles before they shoot them every time.  At least that’s the way it seems.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mixing motor oil with grease is Bull S#it, because the detergents in the oil will cause the thickeners in the grease to separate.
Want a thinner grease, buy a thinner grease!
Most normal greases are NLGI #2, but most brands are available in #1, #0, #00, and some as light as #000, which is almost pourable.
And they won't separate!
Stop playing Dr. Fauchi, your gun deserves better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mixing motor oil with grease is Bull S#it, because the detergents in the oil will cause the thickeners in the grease to separate.
Want a thinner grease, buy a thinner grease!
Most normal greases are NLGI #2, but most brands are available in #1, #0, #00, and some as light as #000, which is almost pourable.
And they won't separate!
Stop playing Dr. Fauchi, your gun deserves better.
View Quote

100% agree with this.  /\ /\
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly why I stopped using it. Started seeing accelerated wear on my rifle. back to Clenzoil it is.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I mixed Slip 2000 with Slip EWG out of boredom.  Forbidden peanut butter works good man
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Friends don't give friends SOTARACHA
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've considered trying it. I then remember that I've been shooting this platform in the form of the M16A2 and later the M4 and then the Ar since 1990. Also carried and deployed with the M60, M249, M240, M9, shot and serviced the Ma Deuce, Mk 19, and M60 mortar. While some of them called for certain lubes, what they all ended up getting was CLP. I've never had a weapon system failure due to lack of lubrication. I stick with what I know works. I'm guessing this stuff will work too. If it's good on a taco, even better!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top