BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2017 3:33:50 PM EDT
Has SG Ammo ever done free shipping or anything alike for Black Friday?! Just curious...

Wishful thinking!
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Sam's margins are pretty thin, so he charges shipping at cost.  Compared to other online ammo vendors, his shipping costs are reasonable.

Yup, I'm a big fan of SGAmmo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sam, owner of SGammo, stated in their Industry Section on this forum that they have never done a free shipping
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
He is eating part of the cost of shipping year round. He charges a flat rate, instead of actual distance charges.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Promos, free shipping, price matching, etc aren't really part of his business. I don't care. Year round he offers good enough prices, fast shipping, and great service.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Great ammo at competitive price coupled with fast shipping. It is already an excellent product. Why do you want to cut all of the meat off of the bone?
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I mean you could just go to the site and spend your money cause otherwise you're just putting cash into the pocket of non site sponsors
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
No.

There is a recent thread on this.

The owner explained, if they do free shipping they'd have to raise their ammo price to make a profit.

As it is I rarely ever find better deals than SGAmmo.

They ship very fast as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mean you could just go to the site and spend your money cause otherwise you're just putting cash into the pocket of non site sponsors
View Quote
What?
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
SG Ammo is like black Friday all year round. I don't buy ammo from any other place any more.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies, I was just curious. I use SG Ammo but not for all that long to know. Without contest he's got the best variety/priced product. Just streamlining where I source my ammo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy with confidence when you're browsing his wares.

I've yet to see any one retailer have consistently lower prices.

You might be able to get random examples cheaper from other sources, but when you order 3+ calibers, you're going to wind up cheaper going to Sam. And that's at his regular price!

To me it's not worth it to shop around at 5 different sites to buy all the stuff I want, to maybe save $5/case on each, when they have sales. Making multiple purchases, when I can one stop shop everything at great prices and fast shipping. If for nothing else, my time and aggravation are worth it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Sgammo.com already has great prices as others have said. I buy from them with 110% confidence I'll get my order right and on time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Buy with confidence when you're browsing his wares.

I've yet to see any one retailer have consistently lower prices.

You might be able to get random examples cheaper from other sources, but when you order 3+ calibers, you're going to wind up cheaper going to Sam. And that's at his regular price!

To me it's not worth it to shop around at 5 different sites to buy all the stuff I want, to maybe save $5/case on each, when they have sales. Making multiple purchases, when I can one stop shop everything at great prices and fast shipping. If for nothing else, my time and aggravation are worth it.
View Quote
I agree entirely. I've bounced around a little bit here and there, some Midway only due to finding BH MK262....Gorilla Ammo for match stuff....Freedom Munitions for the rest. But yeah, my bulk orders are all SG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Nothing but positive things to say about Sam and his company.  Always replies to emails quickly and ships just as fast.  Companies like that are becoming few and far between.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope.  Sam's margins are pretty thin, so he charges shipping at cost.  Compared to other online ammo vendors, his shipping costs are reasonable.

View Quote
This...looking on Ammoseek.com, SGAmmo's prices are some of the best out there.  Buy w/confidence.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nothing but positive things to say about Sam and his company.  Always replies to emails quickly and ships just as fast.  Companies like that are becoming few and far between.
View Quote
+ 87
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I doubt they ever have or ever will. They are already selling ammo for rock bottom prices. His shipping charges are very reasonable.

I've bought from them several times and my orders have always shipped fast. Nothing but good service from Sgammo.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  Plus easiest website to work and best packaging in the business.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#20]
i have one place i buy before him, but they have a limited selection... otherwise sg ammo is where i go first. i dont care if brownells is cheaper on a sale, they rip people off 350 days a year. the few sales people like them and others do are not worth my time. sg ammo is way good to go. very competitive, and they get deals on mags and other stuff sometimes too.

eta: they had a 00 buck shot sale for 68.50 for 250rds.... i mean literally who sells 00 buck shot for that cheap with 16.00 shipping???? i bought 1500 rounds and have NO PLANS to ever shoot that much buck shot in my life.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#21]
From their email today:

Black Friday is here and we are making some special offers on some of the items below. This year profit margins have been pushed down to around net 5% on most of the popular items when sold by the case, so it has sort of been like a Black Friday sale all year long for ammo. It was not as easy as in years past to come up with Black Friday sale items, but we made a special purchase on Fiocchi ammo and are passing on the savings there. There are also some items being sacrificed below cost listed after the Fiocchi, and below that some of the items that are just great deals at their current prices. These prices are good until end of day Sunday the 26th or while supplies last. Slow sales this past spring and summer reduced ammo prices to a 10 to 12 year low on many calibers and there are so many bargains to be had right now. It would be a wise time to take advantage of price and availability on the items below so check out the great deals on the ammo listed in this newsletter. We also expect lots of great deals yet to come, so stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog.

- Sam Gabbert - SGAmmo Owner
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I always buy from Sam, even when there are better deals/sales on other websites. Hell, I love 5 minutes from a PSA storefront and hardly buy ammo from them.

What sold me on SG is the shipping times and selection. I’ve ordered ammo Wednesday night and had it Friday afternoon. And I can order pretty much any caliber ever made.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SG Ammo is like black Friday all year round. I don't buy ammo from any other place any more.
View Quote
They are my go to.  Prices are competitive,  shipping is fast.  Good owner
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No.

There is a recent thread on this.

The owner explained, if they do free shipping they'd have to raise their ammo price to make a profit.

As it is I rarely ever find better deals than SGAmmo.

They ship very fast as well.
View Quote
When I buy pretty much anything on line I do a price comparison that includes shipping. I have never found SGAmmo to be more than 1 to maybe 5 percent above anything other than a loss leader deal. I don't mind paying that occasional premium to keep a friend of the site open, especially one that offers us such a variety.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sgammo.com already has great prices as others have said. I buy from them with 110% confidence I'll get my order right and on time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, SG is 110% good to go even with shipping prices, their prices are amongst the lowest...almost 70% of my ammo purchases this year were from them.

Also, I always like to give business to good people
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I too am a fan of SGAmmo. Good prices on ammo, fast shipping and EXCELLENT customer service!
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Appreciate the replies. I just want to be clear I never questioned SG Ammo, lol. Was just wondering about Black Friday sales as this is the first year I've used SG since discovering them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been ordering from them for years - as others have said, their shipping rates are already some of the best and I've never seen a shipping promo.  They are hands down the best ammo outfit around.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Placed my first order with them a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday I believe....order was at my door the next day.  I generally buy cases of reman'd stuff for the range, but for the match grade or self defense stuff I definitely have a new go-to place and will not waste money in a box store again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#31]
SGAmmo is consistently the best option around.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
This unless he's oos then I'll grab something from AIM.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I've ordered from them a few times and always been pleased.  They have prices cheaper than I can find locally.  There is no way of getting around the shipping price.  For the amount I purchase per order, if I were to get it locally the state sales tax would offset shipping charge and then some.  I do not mind paying for the shipping charge, it is worth the convenience to not go out and get it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I have ordered a bunch of ammo from SG over the years but honestly, lately I have ordered more from Target Sports because of their free shipping. The over all cost ends up being $10-15 a case cheaper on the same items. In fairness, they don't have the same selection that Sam does though.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got an order in for some 300 blk magtech rounds before they cut off for the year. For some reason though they didnt like my paypal master card
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just got an order in for some 300 blk magtech rounds before they cut off for the year. For some reason though they didnt like my paypal master card
View Quote
Paypal are antigun

Academy takes it on everything but shooting....

Guessing that is your issue
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Paypal are antigun

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paypal are antigun

Must depend on the website Primary arms and aimsurplus took $400 off it with out issue
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Long time user and big fan of thiers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 1:15:38 AM EDT
[#39]
SG Ammo is my go to and just great. Without peer my book.  And don't insult them by using the Asinine +87 crap. That's just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Sometimes I wonder how he makes a profit. It's gotta be on the shipping?
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im guessing volume. Low prices and good customer service keep each of us coming back, resulting in a lot of ammo going out his doors
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's stated before that his profit margin is about 5%
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whenever possible those "Okies" (gag/lol) get my money. Great folks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't bother looking anywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I only buy ammunition from SGammo, even if it was cheaper somewhere else i would still buy it from them.

i don't think anywhere could have better prices however i wouldn't think anyone could beat them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Can confirm statements about profit margins. Often the emails state specific products are at a loss for clearance.

I bet dude is still rolling in money because of the volume. His margins (if only calculated by average %) probably get skewed higher by guys like me that order multiple cases but also get some single boxes as gifts or to try out. If the case gets calculated as a single sale, as the box does.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I always go to Sam first for any purchase. Sometimes he doesn't have a niche caliber (338 RUM), so I have to shop elsewhere, but hes on the top of my list :D
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#48]
agree, fan of sgammo
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Yep, this is where I get 90% of my ammo.  He used to carry black hills, but I have not seen it in stock in a long time, hence the 10% I can not buy from him.  Any idea if he will ever re-up with them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I just go to ammoseek and see the best price, including shipping.  If it's close, I pick my preferred vendor of the two
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top