Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2022 11:20:26 PM EDT
I bought this brace to install on my Ruger Charger. Simple installation but I could not get it to unlock to fold. Emailed the company and they sent me another one which I got today. Still can't get it to unlock to  fold. Watched numerous videos and can't see where I'm doing anything wrong. Sucker just doesn't want to move up to unlock. I'm at as total loss as to what the problem could be. HELP!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Tap it.  They are pretty tight.  Usually hit’em with palm.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried tapping and using a dead blow hammer and can't get them to move. This is two of them. SB sent me a replacement for my first one and this one is no better. I'm at a loss. The sucker just won't move to unlock.  I've watched numerous you tube videos and can't see that I'm doing anything wrong in installation or operation. Maybe GOD just doesn't want me to have a brace for my Charger.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The SB1913 brace with which I'm familiar (on an AR-22) was damned tight when new. I've found a really firm quick push with thumb while simultaneously starting closing pressure works well. If you don't give it quite enough thumb pressure it can get "stuck". Two thumbs, mashing down quick and hard, releases it. It will improve with age.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top