Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2018 1:43:59 AM EDT
Does anyone have info on a group called "Small arms Weaponry." that Olympic arms made lowers for in the late 80's?
Small Arms Weaponry, Inc.
SAW, Inc.
409 Harding Industrial Drive
Nashville, TN 37211

Trying to see if I can prove my lower is a preban.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I emailed you some data I got from Oly Arms.
The formatting didn't translate perfectly but you should be able to make sense out of it.

In 2000, they had a fire that destroyed all there production records up to that time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, but this production lower isn't listed.  I have an email from them back in 2016 before they closed which then saying it was a batch done prior to 1989 but nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
You have a SAW marked semi auto lower? All I have seen were conversions. If you look at the pics of 86 and earlier conversions and your serial number is lower than the highest  86 one is that enough proof? Let me know if you want to sell a semi A1 style SAW marked lower or maybe trade for one or two preban lowers.
I think the lowest number I have seen on one was S0066 and the highest was S0162.

This was cross posted so this is from your other post.

What do you want to know? All of them I have seen were registered as machineguns. Some Olympic put the SAW logo on and I saw one picture of a SAW registered gun that was just made on a roll marked SGW Olympic lower. The conversions and pictures that I have seen looked like they were milled nicely except once I did see a picture of a striped lower being sold that the picture made it look like it had been milled to far on one side of the sear pocket. Olympic was doing remanufacture of some lowers so there may be one or more SAW marked lowers out there that are not on the original lower. Last time I looked Olympic did not list them on their web site in their list of lowers on when they were made. Not sure why they left them out other than a guess it was because of the fire and losing the records.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It is S0115 , but no third hole.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
S0066 transfer from a dealer to an individual "not me" was sent in on 4/1986. Just guessing but the lowers were probably made late 85 or early 86. I would guess also the ATF has the serial number year info from submitted Olympic manufacturing paperwork.

I am kind of shocked that with the rush to paper machineguns and the shortage of receivers before the cutoff that one got left semi auto on a special run like that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
dooh...
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Will the ATF provide info on the firearm via a request from non law enforcement?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the ATF provide info on the firearm via a request from non law enforcement?
View Quote
I sent them a question once on where to put III on the name line of a form. They replied a year later with an apology on taking so long to respond and a non answer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Can any SOT Class 3 access info on the ATF database?

Almost all I have found online were conversions to full auto?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top