Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2021 3:17:12 AM EDT
I was hoping to use a SA piston setup with a BAD Rigidrail.  Battle Arms actually provides dimensions and they have 1.02" from the centerline to the underside of the top rail and the SA block is 0.986" tall.  Is this cutting it too close?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me, but I would be more worried about the sides of the gas block touching, which is usually where people have issues with handguards and this system. I haven't verified the specs of either however.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you'll be fine. I have a MI SLH handguard and the set screws on the SA GB is a hair too long and just barely kissing the bottom of the rail. I actually didn't even notice it for awhile and only the saw it because the coating had rubbed off and the white of the aluminum caught my eye. It worked itself out but just something to think about.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see, up top it's 0.46 width in the 'channel' versus 0.41 on the SA block.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you'll be fine. I have a MI SLH handguard and the set screws on the SA GB is a hair too long and just barely kissing the bottom of the rail. I actually didn't even notice it for awhile and only the saw it because the coating had rubbed off and the white of the aluminum caught my eye. It worked itself out but just something to think about.
View Quote

Ihave the same issue with the MI ultra light. I always buy extra screws from McMaster. I end up buying them at higher than grade 8 so I can shave off some material with a file.

DM me if you want some, they come in a huge pack so I can send some for free
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top