Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2022 11:16:59 PM EDT
So I decided to up my game when it came to cleaning my AR and splurged on a bore tech one piece coated cleaning rod and a bore guide. I just gave it a go and noticed some rifling marks on the brass part of the rod where the jag screws on. Is this normal? I’m trying to minimize any flex of the rod when pushing a patch through so I may be overly paranoid about any evidence of anything other than the patch contacting the bore as I push the patch through. I’m using Hopes .22 square patches and the patches went through with much less effort than what was needed with the Otis cable system I was using before so I’m 99% sure I’m using the cleaning rod properly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you using a bore guide?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll want to use a bore guide as the other post said.

I don't recommend pushing a rod though. I think the regular 3 piece sectional ones are great so long as you're pulling it out from the chamber to the muzzle. Pushing is bad, in my opinion, but pulling you can do all day with no ill effect.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top