Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 7:09:01 AM EDT
RetroRifles.com has a couple parts for a decent price that I am interested in. Are they legit?

TIA!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
RetroRifles.com has a couple parts for a decent price that I am interested in. Are they legit?

TIA!
View Quote
They are legitimately a website that you can order things from. What do you want to know about?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just making sure they aren't a bogus site. I have recently found reports of some difficulties. Looks like they are worth taking a chance on.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagging, also of interest.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered some parts yesterday from them. I'll let ya know when they arrive. Have a great weekend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered some parts yesterday from them. I'll let ya know when they arrive. Have a great weekend.
View Quote
Cool thank you so much - have a great weekend yourself!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Prices look pretty good, hopefully the parts look just a good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased one of the grey anodized stocks from them on the 5th. I got a confirmation email from them, but still haven't recieved a shipping notice. I'll let everyone know when it gets here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe they are pretty much bogus and any of you who did place an order, make a few attempts to contact them by e-mail and phone.  Good chances are you will have zero contact and merchandise.  Then call your CC company and file a claim.
Their website will let you look up past orders - mine showed unfulfilled still after two weeks.  
I placed an order before thanksgiving.  Got an order confirmation.   Other stuff I ordered on line same time period from other vendors all had shipping confirmations or even received in ten days or less.  And that ought to be pret standard anymore.
After no reply by retro rifles, I verified that I was charged on my CC by RRs.
I was, and the company was shown as "wholesale dummy".  Boy, that sounds legit.
Filed a claim twith the CC company and was refunded in less than a week.  Lucky it ended that easily I figure.
There ought to be a sticky here to avoid that on-line site.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just making sure they aren't a bogus site. I have recently found reports of some difficulties. Looks like they are worth taking a chance on.
View Quote
No.  They aren't

There are other on line retailers with good reputations out there with retro stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Then he needs to be told that ignoring customer e-mails/messages and phone call, and not attempting to ship a customer order - even if just a partial shipment is not acceptable.
And happenings in life are not an acceptable excuse, especially if automatic billing is done when an order is received.  If a business owner can't or won't ship withing a couple days of order receipt, then they should switch to billing when order is filled/packaged and ready for shipment.

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, buyer beware. 3 weeks to get my part. 5 emails with no answer. No shipping confirmation and then one day the part shows up. Was just about to file a claim. I was shocked I waited that long.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Then he needs to be told that ignoring customer e-mails/messages and phone call, and not attempting to ship a customer order - even if just a partial shipment is not acceptable.
And happenings in life are not an acceptable excuse, especially if automatic billing is done when an order is received.  If a business owner can't or won't ship withing a couple days of order receipt, then they should switch to billing when order is filled/packaged and ready for shipment.

Buyer beware.
View Quote
Vendors like that already know all those messy little details, and flat out don't care about what the customer thinks.  It's a feature of their business plan, not a glitch.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome! LOL!

Oh well, that's why I always pay by CC the first time I purchase something from a new place.

I looked all over for reviews for this place before purchase and didn't find many.  The ones I did find were people complaining about canted front sight bases, but, they ended up getting resolved. I figured I'd take a chance. If I get boned, I'll call the CC company and have it reversed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Bad business. I will ignore.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thinking I will as well.

Sounds very.....

Delta Team Tactical
Davidson Defense
Omega Manufacturing
TNTE.......ish.
View Quote
HaHa. Couldn't have said it better!

(it's so cool when the bro's fill in the spaces)
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Received a text saying that my order has shipped today.

I'll keep ya posted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I was going to order today, glad I came back to see the responses. Numrich has the parts I am looking for so I'll order from them. Well, I'll order more than I need cause they may bot be in the best shape!

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I received this text this morning: 8:57am Your order from Retro Rifles is out for delivery and will arrive soon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Received this text: Your order from Retro Rifles has been delivered.

Headed home to check if this really happened... :0)
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I received both parts in a timely matter. Was updated via text the whole time. Happy with the parts I received. I think most people these days might dislike not getting an actual shipping tracking number but I have no complaints as they shipped quickly and received updates. I would do business with them again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#25]
What bothers me...besides hes here in my area, is that his mailing address is a US Post office box. Last I knew I was the only retro geek in this area, skewering all the gun shows and looking for hidden jems. Very suspicious indeed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a flashhider from them and had it within a week.  :)
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm on day 12, still waiting for a shipping confirmation.
Emails sent to the company have been ignored.

I'll wait just a little bit longer. If no reply and no part, I will contact the CC company.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm on day 12, still waiting for a shipping confirmation.
Emails sent to the company have been ignored.

I'll wait just a little bit longer. If no reply and no part, I will contact the CC company.
View Quote
12 days without communication is completely unconceivable.
I always respond to my customers in a matter of hours at the most; sometimes it's seconds.

Always, no exception, even if it's the case of apologizing for a mistake or an out of stock item (or backordered).

No communication for 12 days is so bad that I would take them to court, if possible.

By all means, please get to your CC provider and ask them to cancel the transaction.

In a company of any kind, communication (to their customers and the market) must be the number one priority (provided they even have quality product, which of course comes even before anything else).
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I received a refund today from the CC company.

Today marks 31 days from the date that I ordered the stock. Since that day, I received NO response to my emails, no shipping notice, and no damn stock!

As far as I am concerned, the person that runs that business is either completely incompetent or an outright crook.
Either way, retrorifles..com should be avoided.

Does anyone know a reputable store that sells grey anodized carbine stocks?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the heads up.
I will add them to my list.

Ron
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Today marks 31 days from the date that I ordered the stock. Since that day, I received NO response to my emails, no shipping notice, and no damn stock!

As far as I am concerned, the person that runs that business is either completely incompetent or an outright crook.

View Quote
Essential Arms show both textured and coated aluminum stocks on their site.

http://www.essentialarms.com/STOCKS.html

I'm happy with the smooth coated military stock from them. The finish (powdercoating IIRC) compares well with the OEM Colt stock with nylon coating on my SP1 Carbine. I haven't seen the textured in person.

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
This note has been on RetroRifles.com website on the CAR stock page at the bottom for some time now.

"*** NOTE: All versions of the Aluminum CAR stock are Back Ordered until early January. Your order date will determine your line in the Back Order list and your shipment date."
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Must have missed that when I ordered. Still wish they would have responded to my emails to inform me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Must have missed that when I ordered. Still wish they would have responded to my emails to inform me.
View Quote
Lack of communication is absolutely unexcusable.
if I did that to my customers and prospects I'd be out of business (and rightfully so)
in a couple of days.

Communicating promptly and sincerely to our customers is a strong sign of appreciation of their business
and a huge part of what we call "Service"
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I have verified that they are legit.  However, they are a small company suffering problems typical of rapid growth.  And frankly, they have some opportunities to learn and master how to manage customer service and market communication when facing challenges often caused by rapid growth of companies of any size.
I advise patience and forbearance.
I have talked to Victor twice since my order placed mid-November.  Today, we discussed at length details about my order ($1k).  When I receive my order I will post a follow-up post, but I am confident that with patience all orders will be fulfilled, mine included!
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 3:27:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I have verified that they are legit.  However, they are a small company suffering problems typical of rapid growth.  And frankly, they have some opportunities to learn and master how to manage customer service and market communication when facing challenges often caused by rapid growth of companies of any size.
I advise patience and forbearance.
I have talked to Victor twice since my order placed mid-November.  Today, we discussed at length details about my order ($1k).  When I receive my order I will post a follow-up post, but I am confident that with patience all orders will be fulfilled, mine included!
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Yep.  Not worried anymore, just anxious to get the news that the order has shipped.
Nonetheless I am not happy with their lack of communication.
A simple comment in the order confirmation of an estimated lead-time would have been enough for me.
So far it has been nearly 11 weeks.  I would have no issue with an estimated 12-14 week lead time if it was communicated from the start.
Both Franklin had FosTech  listed a more than 26 week lead time a couple of years ago for their binary triggers.  Both shipped before the 6 months passed and I was very satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 3:40:49 AM EDT
[#39]
3rddegree, did you ever receive your order?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top