Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
I have had one of these on my bucket list for awhile, but never found a “deal” on one until now.  I think it looks like the offspring of an AR180 that had a “problem child”.  I like the fact that this ASSAULT WEAPON was manufactured in Australia - the land of no firearm ownership, and imported by a company in Commiefornia - the state with the worst gun laws in America.  Somewhere, in one of my tubs, I own an original carrying handle scope mount for this rifle, complete with a single post Armalite AR180 scope.  Unfortunately, this rifle did not come with a stock.  Does anyone have any idea where I might find one?  Weren’t they doing a US made run of these a couple of years ago with 100% parts interchangeability with these originals?  I would like to find a spare extractor and firing pin as well before I start shooting it, as I have read that both of those parts can break.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Charles St. George was fishing for investors awhile back by offering a pre sale on newly manufactured T2 Mk5's. He wanted me to promote them and offered me a 25% commission. I wouldn't until he sent me pictures of his production set up and prototypes. No pictures materialized and I declined to put my name behind the project. I think he pre sold single digits of rifles and I don't know what happened to those folks money.

That being said, you will have a tough time getting a butt stock for that. I make a 3d printed adapter for the AAA SAP pistol. Maybe I could come up with something similar for you.

https://ar180parts.com/product/aaa-sap-pistol-brace-adapter/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
An extractor is available for the MPAR from Masterpiece Arms. It might fit as they pretty much copied the T2 internals.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpar556-extractor/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
@BigRix    Thanks for the info.  I ordered one of their extractors.  Trying to navigate their complicated web site I cannot seem to find ANY other parts.  I especially need the rubber buffer that is always missing from these, and it appears they used it on their rifles.  You wouldn’t happen to have a copy of the original Leader Dynamics manual would you?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Man I remember these cool gun something different reminds me of when I use to go into gunshows back in the day a true arms bizzare back then !
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked and I don't have any literature for the Leader. CLosest thing I have is for the AAA models. I'm not sure my site will let you grab a PDF but here is a link just in case.

https://ar180parts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/AAA-Brochure_id.gun_.fm_.pdf

I wish I still had mine but it got traded away in a multi gun deal for my AR-18.

It recently sold on gunbroker if anyone is interested. I bought it from Charles St. George and had him sign a letter for me.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/898804628

I need to borrow my friend's T2 and work on a butt stock adapter. I've had a few people ask for one so I think it would be a good project.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I should be able to design and print the bumpers as well. Flexible filaments should do the trick.

I'll get one working on my AAA SAP and then we can see if it fits the Leader.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top