Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2020 9:55:14 AM EDT
On May 1st, the RCMP released a document listing ~1500 'military-style' aka 'assault-style' firearms which are now classified as prohibited (and possibly confiscated in the near future).

Was there a "Heckler & Koch HKM4C" and was ever sold on the civilian market?

from page 17 of the document

What is the "Heckler & Koch MR" and was it ever sold on the civilian market?

from page 17 of the document

Thank you and kind regards
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I could say is that the HKM4 was the original designation for HK to call the 416 the M4 before Colt sued HK for trademark infringement.

The c is grabbing straws but I would saw carbine.

The MR a vague reference to the MR family. I am thinking that they antis are trying to use a generic term to cover everything.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR18:
The only thing I could say is that the HKM4 was the original designation for HK to call the 416 the M4 before Colt sued HK for trademark infringement.

The c is grabbing straws but I would saw carbine.

The MR a vague reference to the MR family. I am thinking that they antis are trying to use a generic term to cover everything.
View Quote

i saw somewhere that the HKM4C was the commercial variant, at the time (can't find the source anymore, i do remember it was SHOT 2004 related though)

i read that the mechanism of this ban requires them to specifically and exactly list what is to be banned, IDK how true that is
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry man total bull for you.  Gun grabbers are
world wide.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
That list is probably from some anti-gun group that complied a list of manufacturers and models for this purpose.  Some of the stuff on there isn’t quite right.  However, don’t be fooled that if a specific make/model isn’t on the list, it’s OK.  The order says

The firearms of the designs commonly known as the M16, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles and the M4 carbine, and any variants or modified versions of them —....... including

Similar verbiage for other types on the list.

So, as long as it’s considered of the same design and a variant or modification, it’s still affected, even if not specifically, or correctly, named.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top