Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2018 5:11:52 PM EDT
Apologies if this is more a question for the retro guys. If so, please move to retro forum.

I was curious if any of you know any decent sources of C7...ish green A2 furniture. I've seen green sets at Tony's customs for a not terrible price and wanted to know if any of you had bought some (or found another vendor) and can speak to color and quality. If they're decent I'd be willing to invest $60 for a set, if not, early black furniture will do.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I just took the furniture that I had to the local Mom and Pop gunsmith, who sent it to get it ceracoted. The originals were painted as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River Arms.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just took the furniture that I had to the local Mom and Pop gunsmith, who sent it to get it ceracoted. The originals were painted as well.
View Quote
The C7A2 was never painted as far as I know. However they did paint the handguards on the C8A3 when they first came out.

Does Armalite still make green furniture?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The real genuine issued stuff was offered for sale by Colt Canada. The were able to buy back around 300 complete sets. The MSRP on the set were $299CND. I know wholesale cost was mid $200. The set were expensive to produce because of the CF specs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rock River Arms.
View Quote
Thanks. I saw that they're having a sale atm so I went ahead and ordered a set. Out of curiousity, do you know how close that color is to magpul's foliage green? My C7 shares a lower with a just for fun 7.62x39 carbine upper with a Magpul handguard. Vain bastard that I am I'll probably end up just swapping buttstocks when I want to shoot 7.62, but if the green is pretty close I might just buy a new set or see if anyone'd be willing to trade in EE
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]

That's what the Canadian Average Green furniture looks like.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the Cav Arms green stock set but am still trying to find a green slip on buttpad for my stock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went with the Cav Arms green stock set but am still trying to find a green slip on buttpad for my stock.
View Quote
This is all I can find that are supposed to be in inventory and fit the older style CAR stock.

https://www.combathunting.com/AR_15_M16_M4-AR_15_M4_Deluxe_Butt_Pad_Combat_Style.html

http://www.milsurpstuff.com/Leapers%20%28RB-16BTP01%29%20AR-15%20Deluxe%20Butt%20Pad

This style hasn't been available for a while now, a shame really, I think it looks the best.  https://www.airsoftgi.com/product/UTG-M16-CAR-15-Deluxe-Butt-Pad-OD-Green-6025/
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top