Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2022 5:35:39 AM EDT
What replica CAR stocks are folks using?
Brownells? Tony's customs? somewhere else?
I don't need aluminum, polymer is great
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What replica CAR stocks are folks using?
Brownells? Tony's customs? somewhere else?
I don't need aluminum, polymer is great
View Quote

I'm sure some up to date builders will chime in soon with replica parts information you're requesting. Received notification from Apex Gun Parts that they will be receiving more surplus Colt M16 parts in the next few weeks. They currently have what your looking for. Prices are insane to me..... good luck.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/auto-loading/us-arms/us-m16.html?p=2
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
This one looks good

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/2021-B5-CAR15-Butt-stock-review-with-pictures-/123-769279/
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm sure some up to date builders will chime in soon with replica parts information you're requesting. Received notification from Apex Gun Parts that they will be receiving more surplus Colt M16 parts in the next few weeks. They currently have what your looking for. Prices are insane to me..... good luck.

View Quote

@wagsfn did they send an email out? I must’ve missed it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@wagsfn did they send an email out? I must’ve missed it.
View Quote

No, it was on FB 01/11/2022. Said they were receiving early Colt M16 parts, uppers, etc in the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the one I use.

Quoted:
This one looks good

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/2021-B5-CAR15-Butt-stock-review-with-pictures-/123-769279/
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just FYI, the “Colt Fiberlite” stocks Apex has are NOT Colt. Don’t pay $90 for a $25 clone.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just FYI, the “Colt Fiberlite” stocks Apex has are NOT Colt. Don’t pay $90 for a $25 clone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going by the pictures on their site, you are 100% correct. Not sure how they think they can get away with that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a few of the B5 versions from brownells. They are very good. They’ve held up to abuse just like the issue (colt) stocks in my opinion. And they’re cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a few of the B5 versions from brownells. They are very good. They’ve held up to abuse just like the issue (colt) stocks in my opinion. And they’re cheaper.
View Quote

It's a very good replica, best one out there in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
M&A Parts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Yeah.....nope. At least not any that I have come across.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fact.  Classic 'Buyer beware' situation.  I have gotten some great stuff from Apex over the years but you have to know what you're looking at; they get a LOT of interesting things and occasionally bargains can be had but they also get some crap that isn't worth anything near what they are asking.  As with everything else, educate yourself before committing to the purchase.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#13]
For comparison.....Colt N 1

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected then. Had no idea Apex would do this to there customers. They always treated me right in past. Guess it's time to move on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
M&A Parts.
View Quote

That the same one as the one from B5 Systems that Brownells is selling?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
M&A Parts.

No. Better IMO.

Though I haven't handled a B5 since they first came out. My sample size of 1 was loose fitting on 2 Colt REs and finish was poor.  

One caveat with the M&A....for awhile they changed the latch plunger assy to non milspec components. A poster here stated recently that when ordering you have to specify milspec plunger components.

ETA:

BACK STORY ON MA PARTS CAR STOCK
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No. Better IMO.

Though I haven't handled a B5 since they first came out. My sample size of 1 was loose fitting on 2 Colt REs and finish was poor.  

One caveat with the M&A....for awhile they changed the latch plunger assy to non milspec components. A poster here stated recently that when ordering you have to specify milspec plunger components.

ETA:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
M&A Parts.

No. Better IMO.

ETA:

Clearly I was out of the loop... Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I sold all my B5 stocks. M&A with proper latch assembly is superior.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ETA:

View Quote

Great idea, but when I tried that they told me the milspec plunger wasn't available, only their clipped version. As mentioned, JSE has the parts as does DI (which includes the lever as opposed to the JSE sling loop and screw).  I ended up robbing the parts from one of the P&S Expo sliding M4 stock assemblies I got for $10/ea from Primary during their last sale.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Great idea, but when I tried that they told me the milspec plunger wasn't available, only their clipped version. As mentioned, JSE has the parts as does DI (which includes the lever as opposed to the JSE sling loop and screw).  I ended up robbing the parts from one of the P&S Expo sliding M4 stock assemblies I got for $10/ea from Primary during their last sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I saw that DI includes the latch as well. I hadn't heard that Maparts was having difficulties sourcing components,  that's a bummer.
I've considered scavenging parts as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20220113-161413_Samsung_Inter-2239270.JPG

Interesting that the stock Apex has seems to match the stock in this thread: Colt M16A1 Carbine

Wonder if these may be Izzy stocks/REs sourced locally?...
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Interesting that the stock Apex has seems to match the stock in this thread: Colt M16A1 Carbine

View Quote

They’re very common US made stocks from the ‘80’s. Can’t remember who made that type but Busmaster and Sendra come to mind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20220113-161413_Samsung_Inter-2239270.JPG

Saw that as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They’re very common US made stocks from the ‘80’s. Can’t remember who made that type but Busmaster and Sendra come to mind.
View Quote

I have a factory preban Bushmaster Carbine and the CAR stock body has a B right where Colt marked their's N
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting, as I've been heavily into the AR platform since the early '80s and don't remember them.  It might be they simply didn't even register on my radar due to their complete lack of desirability.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I used Essential Arms aluminum replica & like it, but am selling off retro stuff.

EA was sold to PSA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I used Essential Arms aluminum replica & like it, but am selling off retro stuff.

EA was sold to PSA.
View Quote

Hadn't heard that.

This is all I did see....

For 35 years, we manufactured CAR aluminum stocks for the AR15 that were second to no other in the country. This tooling has been purchased by Double Star Inc. located in Kentucky. With our original tooling and their advanced manufacturing facility, we believe excellent CAR stocks will be available for Americans shortly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hadn't heard that.

For 35 years, we manufactured CAR aluminum stocks for the AR15 that were second to no other in the country. This tooling has been purchased by Double Star Inc. located in Kentucky. With our original tooling and their advanced manufacturing facility, we believe excellent CAR stocks will be available for Americans shortly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EA was sold to PSA.

Hadn't heard that.

Correct - JT Distributing/Doublestar now sells them, not PSA. At least not yet.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/DoubleStar-resumes-retro-vinyl-acetate-CAR-15-stocks-/123-764607/
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-without-buffer-spring-a128
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-assembly-a127
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EA was sold to PSA.

Hadn't heard that.

Correct - JT Distributing/Doublestar now sells them, not PSA. At least not yet.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/DoubleStar-resumes-retro-vinyl-acetate-CAR-15-stocks-/123-764607/
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-without-buffer-spring-a128
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-assembly-a127

Thanks grondike.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top