Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2020 5:45:49 PM EDT
Never had a problem with a persistent rust spot in the bore before so unsure what I need to deal with it.

Thought it was stuck carbon fouling at first (this gun 100% supressed) but cant seem to get rid of it.  

Scrubbed at it for 30mins using CLP and qtips and then left it sitting overnight with Wipeout saturated in the bore...very little change.

Will a chamber brush fix this?    

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#1]
1000 wetordry 3M sandpaper
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1000 wetordry 3M sandpaper
View Quote

I actually have some of this on hand - What do you use to get down into the bore with a small strip?

DO I need to follow any particular pattern or just rub at it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually have some of this on hand - What do you use to get down into the bore with a small strip?

DO I need to follow any particular pattern or just rub at it?
View Quote

Use a hole punch to punch a hole in your sandpaper.  Ignore the hole and use the piece that got punched out.  Glue it to a pencil eraser or wood dowel.  Place over rust spot and lightly spin with fingers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Use a hole punch to punch a hole in your sandpaper.  Ignore the hole and use the piece that got punched out.  Glue it to a pencil eraser or wood dowel.  Place over rust spot and lightly spin with fingers.
View Quote

Thankyou for details.  Would a chamber brush essentially do the same thing If I did decided to get one for later use?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top