Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2019 8:40:01 AM EDT
I am committed to an Aero M4E1 lower, but not super committed because they sold out by the time they got my uspsmo so I guess I could change.
I have not chosen an upper yet.
My preference is no FA.
It seems that the m4e1 upper is a perfect match (as it has the billet look) for the lower but it is not offered in no FA.
Is there any disadvantage to just getting Aero's upper with no FA over the m4e1 upper? Will everything match up aesthetically?
Looks aren't everything but I don't want a gun that looks too odd (i got that covered in my own visage).
Thanks
Stephen
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything will match up aesthetically.

My patrol rifle consists of an M4E1 lower and a basic upper with FA. I don't see how lacking a FA would change the look or function you are going for. Either way, it leaves you open to all the normal rail options.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everything will match up aesthetically.

My patrol rifle consists of an M4E1 lower and a basic upper with FA. I don't see how lacking a FA would change the look or function you are going for. Either way, it leaves you open to all the normal rail options.
View Quote
I could get the threaded m4e1 upper for rail options but with all things considered I'd prefer no fa since it'll come together well.
Thanks

Edit: I'm also leaning hard toward the atlas S one hand rail.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
In suspect you build will come out great!  Post her up when complete
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have used the M4E1 lower with regular uppers, and non-fa uppers, and I think they look fine. The lower does have a little bit of an angular look to it, but it is not so sharp in my opinion that it looks out of place with standard more rounded components.

Worse comes to worse, you don't like how it looks and end up with a spare upper for a rainy day.

If you want to minimize the footprint the forward assist has, Forward Control Designs has a FA without a rim that will save you from catching a finger nail on it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In suspect you build will come out great!  Post her up when complete
View Quote
Absolutely!
It's going to be a few weeks though, I'm piecing it together as I get the funds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have used the M4E1 lower with regular uppers, and non-fa uppers, and I think they look fine. The lower does have a little bit of an angular look to it, but it is not so sharp in my opinion that it looks out of place with standard more rounded components.

Worse comes to worse, you don't like how it looks and end up with a spare upper for a rainy day.

If you want to minimize the footprint the forward assist has, Forward Control Designs has a FA without a rim that will save you from catching a finger nail on it.
View Quote
Good things to keep in mind for sure.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you want a upper with a FA?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why don't you want a upper with a FA?
View Quote
I like things simple, just like my mind.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Imho get the matching upper Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, you're not making this decision any easier!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like things simple, just like my mind.
View Quote
I hear ya!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The matching receivers would look the best imo.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#13]
These guys look like they have some left.

http://drtarms.com/index.php/product/aero-m4e1/
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's my M4E1 lower with Aero upper - no FA and the 300BO M4E1 upper with FA that I exchange it with.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
J
Quoted:
Here's my M4E1 lower with Aero upper - no FA and the 300BO M4E1 upper with FA that I exchange it with.

https://live.staticflickr.com/7824/47242931601_c2e6efc05d_b.jpg
View Quote
Dang that slick side looks good!
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys  Theres been a lot of places that are out of M4E1s  I found this link and it was the cheapest Ive seen that are actually in stock... Thoughts?

Deleted

No selling except in the EE. - Old_Painless
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys  Theres been a lot of places that are out of M4E1s  I found this link and it was the cheapest Ive seen that are actually in stock... Thoughts?

View Quote
I dunno, Jeff Billeter, why don't you tell us what you think about them?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
lol funny
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, Jeff Billeter, why don't you tell us what you think about them?
Burn
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
It should match with a normal upper receiver, so if you want to stay with Aero, just get the normal upper receiver without FA.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-stripped-upper-receiver-no-fa-fde
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
@brawnydog

$60 in cart for July 4th sale - M4E1 Black

https://www.primaryarms.com/aero-precision-m4e1-stripped-lower-receiver-black

There's FDE for about $29 more, with FDE non-FA upper in stock.  Fair warning (unless it has changed recently) the metal under the cerakote for Aero was anodized.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Another shill on arfcom...it's been a while!
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am committed to an Aero M4E1 lower, but not super committed because they sold out by the time they got my uspsmo so I guess I could change.
I have not chosen an upper yet.
My preference is no FA.
It seems that the m4e1 upper is a perfect match (as it has the billet look) for the lower but it is not offered in no FA.
Is there any disadvantage to just getting Aero's upper with no FA over the m4e1 upper? Will everything match up aesthetically?
Looks aren't everything but I don't want a gun that looks too odd (i got that covered in my own visage).
Thanks
Stephen
View Quote
The main reason I see to use the M4E1 upper is if you intend scoping your build. The Pic rail slots are continuous, and when combined with the Enhanced hand guard, you get a continuous rail from T1 to the max length of your upper - much like the Mark 12 did with the ARMS 38 EX Swan Sleeve: your scope mount can move in 1/2" increments so as to get the best eye relief without changing the scope's centering within the mounting rings. It's an esoteric thing, and no big deal in most builds, as choices of scope mounts and positioning are wide-ranging, but if you want max flexibility in mounting, its a solid choice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, buh-bye Jeff.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a slab side coming in. Should get all my stuff this week, other than my lower that is still backordered.
By the time it gets in I'll pretty much just have to pin the upper and lower together.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a bunch of aero receiver rifles. Some have m4e1 uppers on normal Aero lowers and some have regular Aero uppers on M4e1 lowers. All look good.

These are my 3 gun rifles. Both are no FA aero uppers, the bottom rifle is on a M4e1 lower.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of aero receiver rifles. Some have m4e1 uppers on normal Aero lowers and some have regular Aero uppers on M4e1 lowers. All look good.

These are my 3 gun rifles. Both are no FA aero uppers, the bottom rifle is on a M4e1 lower.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/334273/20190613_083838-1001083.jpg
View Quote
Definitely going slabside.
Which optic do you prefer, Vortex or PA?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Definitely going slabside.
Which optic do you prefer, Vortex or PA?
View Quote
The PA 1-8x optic is better IMO. The Strike Eagle 1-8x isnt as clear and the field of view seems narrower. Now the 1-6x Strike Eagles are much better than the 1-8x ones (have a couple of each on various rifles)
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The PA 1-8x optic is better IMO. The Strike Eagle 1-8x isnt as clear and the field of view seems narrower. Now the 1-6x Strike Eagles are much better than the 1-8x ones (have a couple of each on various rifles)
View Quote
Thanks man.
I'm leaning hard toward a SE 1-6, but might spring for a Steiner P4xi.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my lower in this morning, assembled it and attached to upper.
It looks great, pics incoming when it's finished. I still have to pin the gas tube (holy crap that is hard to do without roll pin punches which should come in this evening), attach the rail, and ultimately paint it.
Anyway I'm a little disappointed in the upper to lower fit. My psa upper and lower lock together tighter than dick's hatband, but this aero upper with no fa and m4e1 lower are pretty loose. I know i can tighten the screw, but then it's a beotch to take down.
Oh, I'm waiting on my larue ss trigger too, then I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Here it is, now just waiting on a trigger.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top