User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:43:45 AM EDT
Found this...not sure if it has been shared or not:

JRR Armory Tests
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I chose a Holosun 510c because the parallax was so good and the shake awake/long battery life.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m an EOtech and TRIJICON guy but I will not buy a MRO until their parallax is fixed. It’s quite bad. I’ve tried 3 now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m an EOtech and TRIJICON guy but I will not buy a MRO until their parallax is fixed. It’s quite bad. I’ve tried 3 now.
View Quote
Newer or older models?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had two regular pre-80k and one newer Patrol.

All three had over 4+ moa of parallax at 50...and 6” or so at 75.

Tough optic but terrible control on parallax.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’ve had two regular pre-80k and one newer Patrol.

All three had over 4+ moa of parallax at 50...and 6” or so at 75.

Tough optic but terrible control on parallax.
View Quote
Those results are consistent with Greeneye's tests
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah...MRO is out for me and went back to EOtech for my primary red dot....surprisingly the DI Optical RV1 has performed very well for me as well...

I wish Trijicon would just stick to battle sights...love the ACOGs...seems all their red dots/reflex have terrible parallax control.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah...MRO is out for me and went back to EOtech for my primary red dot....surprisingly the DI Optical RV1 has performed very well for me as well...

I wish Trijicon would just stick to battle sights...love the ACOGs...seems all their red dots/reflex have terrible parallax control.
View Quote
I wonder if the MRO is somehow due to either lens cant or lens diameter vs length
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wonder if the MRO is somehow due to either lens cant or lens diameter vs length
View Quote
I’ve wondered this as well. I have wondered if it also added to the higher levels of magnification vs the competition.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think, from looking at it when I had it compared to an Aimpoint PRO...the front lense has more convex...which I think...unless Trijicon changes that...the MRO will always have ridicolous parallax that increases greatly with distance.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
They will ever completely get rid if it. Down fall of having that large front window and glass shape. The srs suffered the same and shares similar design. I loved the srs and the slightly smaller 1.75 dot but they could never get it to a true 1x. I suspect the mro will be the same. As long as they are selling, and let's face it, it will there will be no major redesign. Unfortunate too because it has the potential to be a top contender.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I went back to eotech as well. The mro has a great feild of view for such a small platform  but the parallax and slight magnification give me headaches shooting at any distance. For pure sd at "in residence" distances it fine. Add any distance and the doubling sucks.
The eotech with it's perfectly clear and flat windows just works and the 1 moa holographic dot spanks just about every other dot ,if not all  when using a magnifier. Less and less parallax as you stretch its legs is pure win to me. It just works. I've put up about 1.5 moa with 30 rounds using match ammo with it. That's something I could never dream of doing with the mro. No matter how careful I was making sure the dot was perfectly centered in the window it would still group 4 to 5 inches with match ammo. Thought my noveske barrel was garbage for a good while because of it. Turns out parallax was killing the groups. The eotech quickly showed me just how bad the mro was.
I've read about so many eotech issues but I've had at least 8 and never had any issues my self except the battery compartment issue on the 512 which was easily fixed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They will ever completely get rid if it. Down fall of having that large front window and glass shape. The srs suffered the same and shares similar design. I loved the srs and the slightly smaller 1.75 dot but they could never get it to a true 1x. I suspect the mro will be the same. As long as they are selling, and let's face it, it will there will be no major redesign. Unfortunate too because it has the potential to be a top contender.
View Quote
MRO would be my top red dot of choice if they could just fix the parallax...the new 90K MROs do not have magnification anymore...so that is a plus but they still suffer the severe parallax
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve had 2 post-90k MRO’s... both had the weird magnification. Not a fan
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top