Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
M-Pro 7 LPX  'nuff said
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always used Slip EWL but recently bought some Cherrybalmz and it may be the ticket...!
View Quote

I’m liking it. Just ordered more as my first bottle was getting low. I would say 95% of the folks that have tried it haven’t looked back on any other. I use the field balm and the black rifle balm together.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#3]
2/3 Weaponshield Lube and 1/3 Weaponshield Grease mixed and applied.  This is the best thing I have found for storage that still comes out lubed months later.

Love Weapon Shield products.  By far the best I have ever used
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Frog lube extreme CLP is amazing and the paste is good to go as well. The extreme stays put pretty good but the paste stays put no doubt.   Don't knock it until YOU try it.  It works well and I use it with the Froglube solvent for cleaning.  I have run rifle courses with nothing but an initial lube of the paste and my stick ran like a champ and I will disclose this was in the summer months.  I use the extreme and paste combo now but when it is expected to get cold outside I run just the extreme with excellent results.  Just sayin I spent time in the military and we used two different lubes depending upon the extreme environments we may be in.  I do not use the liquid Frog lube because it does gum up in my experience when it sets for a week or so.   OP, try it and then decide.  It is what it is bro.  Edited to add content.
View Quote

I tried frog lube and fireclean. I don't remember which lube was used on which guns, but some of this gummed up sitting in the safe. At the time, both were highly praised here.
I've very cautious on lube of the month recommendations here.

I used to use Breakfree CLP. I never really had problems with it, except maybe it's a little runny. Mpro7 or something is what I use. It's ok too. I'm not running thousands between cleanings. I shoot a few hundred and then back in the safe.
I may give Cherrybalmz a shot someday, it's been a forum favorite for a couple years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I tried frog lube and fireclean. I don't remember which lube was used on which guns, but some of this gummed up sitting in the safe. At the time, both were highly praised here.
I've very cautious on lube of the month recommendations here.

I used to use Breakfree CLP. I never really had problems with it, except maybe it's a little runny. Mpro7 or something is what I use. It's ok too. I'm not running thousands between cleanings. I shoot a few hundred and then back in the safe.
I may give Cherrybalmz a shot someday, it's been a forum favorite for a couple years.
View Quote

Yeah Frog Lube is a no go for me. If you apply it, run your gun, reapply, run....it’s fine.  But let it sit in the safe for a month or two, total gum.

Just like many of us here, I’ve got a dozen or so ARs in the safe and I want to be able to pull any one of them out and hit the range without reapplying lube. Cherrybalmz is the only thing I’ve found that allows this. TW25B was good too for this purpose, but nah on the PTFE.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the $.01 (+shipping) tube of cherrybalmz per advice here. Their link to the free cherrybalmz is on their facebook page.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Just discovered this thread, and went to the Cherry Balmz site to take their "free" sample, only to discover that my only payment option for the shipping was PayPal.  So I may pass.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just discovered this thread, and went to the Cherry Balmz site to take their "free" sample, only to discover that my only payment option for the shipping was PayPal.  So I may pass.
View Quote

So because they use PayPal as a merchant?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You may have lucked out. I bought the free sample almost 3 weeks ago, my shipment is lost in Hawaii for some reason, and they never responded to my email from 5 days ago.
This is disappointing, I hope they respond to my next emails I sent today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So because they use PayPal as a merchant?
View Quote

A lot of members here boycott PayPal because they are supposedly anti-gun and don't like people buying gun accessories using their company, but I have not found much proof of this.

They might as well give up siting down to watch a football game and drinking a beer because all of those companies donate millions to the gun grabbers. Should also stop watching movies or anything to do with Hollywood.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny you should mention those things. I don't watch football, don't drink beerr, and gave given up on Hollywoo as 60% of their output seems to be hooror movies or comic book based. But my objection to PayPal is they directly PREVENT you (by closing your account) from continuing to exercise your constitutional right. Football teams and beer companies don't do that. Sure, they give money to political parties and or candidates, but I can do the same thing in reverse by not using PayPal. The 3% I don't give them doesn't amount to much, but I posted here, and now more people may also vote with their wallet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny you should mention those things. I don't watch football, don't drink beerr, and gave given up on Hollywoo as 60% of their output seems to be hooror movies or comic book based. But my objection to PayPal is they directly PREVENT you (by closing your account) from continuing to exercise your constitutional right. Football teams and beer companies don't do that. Sure, they give money to political parties and or candidates, but I can do the same thing in reverse by not using PayPal. The 3% I don't give them doesn't amount to much, but I posted here, and now more people may also vote with their wallet.
View Quote

Good for you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Now to get back on track, I have been using CB for a couple months now and the stuff stays put and does not burn up as quick as most of the non grease oils I have used.

I also like the idea of the other poster here who is mixing Weapon shield grease with their oil.

I thought about using their oil mixed with their grease product but figured it would separate after a while?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I would not mix lubes,
I once lubed the insides of some of my revolvers with Breakfree, and then a year later shot a spray of Balistol in there.
6 months later had a big yellow gummy mess.
Both good oils, but didn't play well together.

When it comes to lube debates, use whatever you like.
The worst thing I saw as a Gunsmith was customer guns that were bone dry.
Either they had cleaned the gun and over time the oil dryed up or burned off.

As for me I like Breakfree LP for Lube and Breakfree Clp for cleaning.
The CLP is fine if I can't find the LP.
I want a lube that 5 years from now I can still find
I want a lube that doesn't dry or gum up in 6 months from now.
I want a lube I can find easily. I can find Breakfree on Amazon, Midway, Brownells, even my local Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#15]

It of course depends on phase separation and chemical compatibility but I’ve had bad luck trying to mix certain oils, and greases.

What does work though is Cherrybalmz Field Balm and their black rifle balm. The field balm, if you haven’t tried it is a bit thinner. And it’s perfectly fine to mix the two.

The field balm goes on the bolt and black rifle balm goes on the carrier. I’ve tried it enough on different rifles that it’s going to be my long term solution. Till something better comes along.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It of course depends on phase separation and chemical compatibility but I’ve had bad luck trying to mix certain oils, and greases.

What does work though is Cherrybalmz Field Balm and their black rifle balm. The field balm, if you haven’t tried it is a bit thinner. And it’s perfectly fine to mix the two.

The field balm goes on the bolt and black rifle balm goes on the carrier. I’ve tried it enough on different rifles that it’s going to be my long term solution. Till something better comes along.

View Quote

I have the 5 pack of all of them.

Got 2 FB and 2 RB + 1 WB.

In my own experience I have found no issues with mixing lubes as long as they were from the same brand.

Only issue I had was when I mixed SLP2000 EWL with it's 50 weight oil. It had separated and the slp2000 ran off and the heavier 50 wt stayed put.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Slip 2000 EWL or M Pro, I like 'em both! They work great in the desert anyways. I live in Las Vegas soo........
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SouthpawAR:

You may have lucked out. I bought the free sample almost 3 weeks ago, my shipment is lost in Hawaii for some reason, and they never responded to my email from 5 days ago. 
This is disappointing, I hope they respond to my next emails I sent today.
View Quote

I emailed them twice again, still no reply after another week of waiting. My package is for some reason still in Hawaii, and Cherrybalmz has no phone number. I got ripped off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#19]

I emailed them twice again, still no reply after another week of waiting. My package is for some reason still in Hawaii, and Cherrybalmz has no phone number. I got ripped off. 
View Quote

I am in the exact same position. I made an order on APR 23. Received a tracking number on Apr 26. It still today (6 May) says on the label has been created. I have emailed their sales account, and the personal account as listed on their site. I hope I did not get ripped off, but 2 weeks and nothing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

I am in the exact same position. I made an order on APR 23. Received a tracking number on Apr 26. It still today (6 May) says on the label has been created. I have emailed their sales account, and the personal account as listed on their site. I hope I did not get ripped off, but 2 weeks and nothing?
View Quote

Good grief this sucks

I ordered twice and got it in a week or less, but now this is making me not want to restock when it comes time because it looks like the chances of me not getting my shipment are getting worse. I may have to just go back to one of my past products. That guy better start getting his shit together soon
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By gman556:

Good grief this sucks

I ordered twice and got it in a week or less, but now this is making me not want to restock when it comes time because it looks like the chances of me not getting my shipment are getting worse. I may have to just go back to one of my past products. That guy better start getting his shit together soon
View Quote

I am not going to get heated over this. I may just pull my money back in paypal. I have heard great things about the brand and the guy who runs it, but at this point it seems like something is going on. Shame.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#22]

I am not going to get heated over this. I may just pull my money back in paypal. I have heard great things about the brand and the guy who runs it, but at this point it seems like something is going on. Shame.
View Quote

It's definitely a shame what's going on, and if it's the USPS that dropping the ball and there's nothing he can do about it, well then that's one thing, but him not answering any emails or phone calls is kind of lame unless he's absolutely overwhelmed maybe?

It is a shame because so far I've been impressed with the product, but I have only fired 2 to 300 rounds out of any of the firearms I own with it so far.

One thing that does bug me a little bit about it is the application is a little bit slower than if I were to just use a regular CLP or whatever.

I'm also wondering if this grease is slowing down my BCG group as it gets dirtier?

I'm almost thinking of trying the field bomb exclusively for the AR platform and using the heavier grease on my pistol slides. One thing that also bugs me about this oil is it's not going to get down into parts that need lube like a regular oil will, so you're still going to have to use something to get those hard-to-reach parts lubed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]
15w40
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jeepinjoe17:
15w40
View Quote

I keep reading this here again and again and it makes me want to try it for myself. I think I will sometime.

How does it stay put for you?

Doesn't burn off slower than say a regular firearms oil or CLP?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#25]

I am in the exact same position. I made an order on APR 23. Received a tracking number on Apr 26. It still today (6 May) says on the label has been created. I have emailed their sales account, and the personal account as listed on their site. I hope I did not get ripped off, but 2 weeks and nothing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I emailed them twice again, still no reply after another week of waiting. My package is for some reason still in Hawaii, and Cherrybalmz has no phone number. I got ripped off. 

Chill. Take a breath. He didn’t rip anyone off. Lots of things going on right now. I have 2 orders from other retailers that I placed about two weeks ago and I still haven’t received a tracking number at all. And it’s been 30 days exactly since my latest suppressor stamp was approved and it’s still not here

I get your frustration but just lube it with something else and be patient.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

Chill. Take a breath. He didn’t rip anyone off. Lots of things going on right now. I have 2 orders from other retailers that I placed about two weeks ago and I still haven’t received a tracking number at all. And it’s been 30 days exactly since my latest suppressor stamp was approved and it’s still not here

I get your frustration but just lube it with something else and be patient.
View Quote

I am very chill. I stated that in the post past the one you quotes. Hilariously, I checked my tracking number this morning and the package is in Oakland. Usps seems to be having problems with their tracking lately because most of my packages do not get the updated arrival and departure times like normal. No biggie as long as I eventually get my package! To the guy who said his is in HI, I would probably call usps to see what is going on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#27]

I am very chill. I stated that in the post past the one you quotes. Hilariously, I checked my tracking number this morning and the package is in Oakland. Usps seems to be having problems with their tracking lately because most of my packages do not get the updated arrival and departure times like normal. No biggie as long as I eventually get my package! To the guy who said his is in HI, I would probably call usps to see what is going on.
View Quote

@USAFtacFANAC Sorry, post was directed at southpaw not you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#28]

@USAFtacFANAC Sorry, post was directed at southpaw not you.
View Quote

All good brother. I do get peoples frustration. Times are shitty, and if we order something we want to enjoy, we dont want the feeling of any disappointment.

Not to mention, people are raving about this lube like it is life changing. I hope they are right ha!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I've made 3 orders from CB. The first one did take a week to ship. No biggie. The second order shipped in about 48 hours. The most recent order I placed about 2 months ago arrived 2 days after placing the order.

I have an extra Black Rifle Balm and an extra Field Balm, both new. The Field Balm is just a little less viscous but not by much. PM if you want either or both, $20 /ea. shipped. I drive by a post office every day so if you're eager to try it I can have it to you in 3 days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I've made 3 orders from CB. The first one did take a week to ship. No biggie. The second order shipped in about 48 hours. The most recent order I placed about 2 months ago arrived 2 days after placing the order. 

I have an extra Black Rifle Balm and an extra Field Balm, both new. The Field Balm is just a little less viscous but not by much. PM if you want either or both, YM Standard M16 w/ HMB Bolt Complete I drive by a post office every day so if you're eager to try it I can have it to you in 3 days.
View Quote

Same thing here.

I have 1 each new of BRB & FB and 1 each with about half left of the same two.

I'll do the half ones shipped cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Same thing here. 

I have 1 each new of BRB & FB and 1 each with about half left of the same two.

I'll do the half ones shipped cheaper.
View Quote

Makes me think you’ve switched lubes. What are you using now, if you switched?

I’ve been thinking of trying the Lucas extreme oil but tbh there’s been two Lucas threads in GD today and neither were good lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#32]
CherryBalmz is what you seek.

Just don't eat it.

I'm sure someone may have mentioned this already...
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Makes me think you’ve switched lubes. What are you using now, if you switched?

I’ve been thinking of trying the Lucas extreme oil but tbh there’s been two Lucas threads in GD today and neither were good lol
View Quote

I'm going back to Spartan Accuracy Oil, which I've been using for a couple years now and really liked it.

Just wanted to try some of the grease for a spell to see how I liked it and I don't think I'm liking the idea of putting grease in my semi-autos.

What did you hear about the Lucas extreme oil?

I also have some of that to which I was using before the Spartan accuracy stuff and it seems fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm going back to Spartan Accuracy Oil, which I've been using for a couple years now and really liked it.

Just wanted to try some of the grease for a spell to see how I liked it and I don't think I'm liking the idea of putting grease in my semi-autos.

What did you hear about the Lucas extreme oil?

I also have some of that to which I was using before the Spartan accuracy stuff and it seems fine.
View Quote

Nothing specific to the gun oil but to Lucas products in general. I’m sure even crappy car lube world make fine gun lube.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#35]
UPDATE: I received my package. He was nice enough to throw in an extra bottle of something(?) ha.

Slapped some in my BCM, I will say it is a bit smoother. Not like gliding on ice, but smoother. We will see how it does for cleaning when I get my suppressor back. I was not ripped off and he did throw in extra.

Glad I get to try his product. Bottles are tiny though haha!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Makes me think you’ve switched lubes. What are you using now, if you switched?

I’ve been thinking of trying the Lucas extreme oil but tbh there’s been two Lucas threads in GD today and neither were good lol
View Quote

I'm giving CB another shot.

The spartan oil is just too thin and it burned off in only 20 rds. Bolt was bone dry and carbon was hardened on it. I don't recall the CB burning off so quickly. I'm all fairness the ammo I was using was Factory Remington 77gr match and that shit was hot. I had several split necks which is another story.

I'm still on the fence about using just grease on my firearms and I may also try mixing some Spartan oil with their grease I have on the way because I do like when everything stays put and doesn't run or burn off so easily.

I like experimenting with this shit anyway. I'm going to try and find the perfect balance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm giving CB another shot.

The spartan oil is just too thin and it burned off in only 20 rds. Bolt was bone dry and carbon was hardened on it. I don't recall the CB burning off so quickly. I'm all fairness the ammo I was using was Factory Remington 77gr match and that shit was hot. I had several split necks which is another story. 

I'm still on the fence about using just grease on my firearms and I may also try mixing some Spartan oil with their grease I have on the way because I do like when everything stays put and doesn't run or burn off so easily.

I like experimenting with this shit anyway. I'm going to try and find the perfect balance.
View Quote

Yea I go back and forth myself. Sometimes I use CB, sometimes I use just oil (Strike Antivenom ultra). Just depending on my mood.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Cherrybalmz. I went through my free sample and ordered a 5 pack of BRB. That should last me a while.

I shot a little bit this winter and it did fine, even in the Minnesota cold.

I found that it does "creep" a little bit. The outsides of my pistol slides regularly have some wetness from where I greased the rails.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Crisco the white stuff in the can. We have been using it for years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been using the ALG lube and super thin grease for a while and like it enough but the oil has a tendency to go everywhere but where you put it. I prefer the 0000 grease as it stays where it is and generally keeps things wet. The one I want to try is Slip2000. I may go grab some today and run it this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm giving CB another shot.

The spartan oil is just too thin and it burned off in only 20 rds. Bolt was bone dry and carbon was hardened on it. I don't recall the CB burning off so quickly. I'm all fairness the ammo I was using was Factory Remington 77gr match and that shit was hot. I had several split necks which is another story. 

I'm still on the fence about using just grease on my firearms and I may also try mixing some Spartan oil with their grease I have on the way because I do like when everything stays put and doesn't run or burn off so easily.

I like experimenting with this shit anyway. I'm going to try and find the perfect balance.
View Quote

That's what I keep coming back to. Sometimes I prefer the ease of using oil / lube but it just doesn't stay and everything I have tried cooks off super quick or disappears while being stored in the safe. That is not the case with Cherrybalmz. I've been using it on all my ARs and Glocks. It just works. It makes a fine lube if you spread it with your finger on the bolt. For the slide contact areas like the carrier surface, I use the brush and gob it on kind of thick and let it work its way in by racking it a few times.

On my suppressed SBR 300 BLK which gets hella dirty, it can get kind of messy to cleanup but its all still there. I just wipe away the dirty, spray G96 Gun Treatment on it and let it sit for a minute. After that it's cleaning and reapplying CB.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#42]

That's what I keep coming back to. Sometimes I prefer the ease of using oil / lube but it just doesn't stay and everything I have tried cooks off super quick or disappears while being stored in the safe. That is not the case with Cherrybalmz. I've been using it on all my ARs and Glocks. It just works. It makes a fine lube if you spread it with your finger on the bolt. For the slide contact areas like the carrier surface, I use the brush and gob it on kind of thick and let it work its way in by racking it a few times. 

On my suppressed SBR 300 BLK which gets hella dirty, it can get kind of messy to cleanup but its all still there. I just wipe away the dirty, spray G96 Gun Treatment on it and let it sit for a minute. After that it's cleaning and reapplying CB.
View Quote

Same thing here.

Been using the G96 Aerosol to clean with and reapply with CB.

I used the ALG light grease for about a year but it seemed to get gritty on me this past fall shooting in 35° weather. This is the one thing that bothers me with grease is it gets gritty after firing and carbon builds up on the bolt and carrier ,especially when it's cold out. I can literally feel the carrier slowing down.

I know this is what the winter balm is for but it feels like the same viscosity as the ALG LG.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Same thing here.

Been using the G96 Aerosol to clean with and reapply with CB.

I used the ALG light grease for about a year but it seemed to get gritty on me this past fall shooting in 35° weather. This is the one thing that bothers me with grease is it gets gritty after firing and carbon builds up on the bolt and carrier ,especially when it's cold out. I can literally feel the carrier slowing down.

I know this is what the winter balm is for but it feels like the same viscosity as the ALG LG.
View All Quotes

That's what I keep coming back to. Sometimes I prefer the ease of using oil / lube but it just doesn't stay and everything I have tried cooks off super quick or disappears while being stored in the safe. That is not the case with Cherrybalmz. I've been using it on all my ARs and Glocks. It just works. It makes a fine lube if you spread it with your finger on the bolt. For the slide contact areas like the carrier surface, I use the brush and gob it on kind of thick and let it work its way in by racking it a few times. 

On my suppressed SBR 300 BLK which gets hella dirty, it can get kind of messy to cleanup but its all still there. I just wipe away the dirty, spray G96 Gun Treatment on it and let it sit for a minute. After that it's cleaning and reapplying CB.

Same thing here.

Been using the G96 Aerosol to clean with and reapply with CB.

I used the ALG light grease for about a year but it seemed to get gritty on me this past fall shooting in 35° weather. This is the one thing that bothers me with grease is it gets gritty after firing and carbon builds up on the bolt and carrier ,especially when it's cold out. I can literally feel the carrier slowing down.

I know this is what the winter balm is for but it feels like the same viscosity as the ALG LG.

3rd for the G96 aerosol to clean and CB to lube. Although I ran out recently and found a good deal on Strike Industries anti venom aerosol. Smells really good and cleans/lines as well as G96 so far so I’m happy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm an industrial machinist and light cuts and scrapes are a reality, and I can attest that it does work as an antiseptic, just tried it this week since I keep a small battle of it at work to clean my tools with. The cut never showed any sign of infection just the same as the other antiseptics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a lot of folks who swear by Ballistol. Cool thing (IIRC) is that it can double as an antiseptic.

I'm an industrial machinist and light cuts and scrapes are a reality, and I can attest that it does work as an antiseptic, just tried it this week since I keep a small battle of it at work to clean my tools with. The cut never showed any sign of infection just the same as the other antiseptics.

And it smells a lot better than anything grease-based, or Mobil 1.

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I have had good results with Weapon Shield oil on my 1911s and revolvers. New to the AR platform but have been using Weapon Shield for all critical lube points and putting a light coating on areas carbon tends to build up. Makes clean up a whole lot easier and the rifle has run great without failures of any kind. https://www.steelshieldtech.com/shop/weapon-shield/weapon-shield/
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One of the Mil-Comm products such as MC3000 or TW25B.
View Quote

TW25B was my down-select as a newbie for my LE6920, solid products.  Curious about the SLIP as well but MC is a thumbs up for me too.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've made 3 orders from CB. The first one did take a week to ship. No biggie. The second order shipped in about 48 hours. The most recent order I placed about 2 months ago arrived 2 days after placing the order.

I have an extra Black Rifle Balm and an extra Field Balm, both new. The Field Balm is just a little less viscous but not by much. PM if you want either or both, $20 /ea. shipped. I drive by a post office every day so if you're eager to try it I can have it to you in 3 days.
View Quote

I placed an order 7/21 and...   crickets.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Still liking Cherrybalmz. I’ve got 3 ARs that have been running it since shortly after I made this thread. It does seem to dry up a bit on the carrier surfaces after being in storage for a few months. But hasn’t affected performance.

Just got some Machine Gunners lube that I’ve been using exclusively on a new AR-10. Probably the best oil that I’ve tried so far in terms of viscosity and staying put.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I used to use oil on my ARs mainly but I recently switched to SuperLube grease and mix it with HbN and WS2 for increased heat resistance, increased tackiness, reduced friction, and increased corrosion resistance. When I shoot, it doesn't burn off, it stays put, has no smell, and lubricates and protects well. It's also non-toxic, safe, and not hazardous. Only problem is when I put WS2 in it, it gets messy because it's black in color. Otherwise, it's clear in color.

This is my new favorite and it's cheaper than other options. A little goes a long way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top