Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 5:23:15 PM EDT
Title for thread.  Who has the best price on quality 7075 80% lowers at the moment?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Title for thread.  Who has the best price on quality 7075 80% lowers at the moment?
View Quote
Look down a few messages for answers, it has been discussed at length a couple of times in the last 10 days.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Look down a few messages for answers, it has been discussed at length a couple of times in the last 10 days.
View Quote
Thanks for pointing that out. Thought they were BF/CM deals that had expired!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out. Thought they were BF/CM deals that had expired!
View Quote
No, there were many brands mentioned, I get most of my 80% from Right to Bear Arms, they are good quality in spec lowers and have never had any problems.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells Have Matrix arms 7075 80% lowers for about $40 each. I have done two and both and they are good quality.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brownells Have Matrix arms 7075 80% lowers for about $40 each. I have done two and both and they are good quality.
View Quote
just checked, the matrix lowers are OOS
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check out our Ghost Firearms/Grid Defense sale on 80% lowers.  We offer black, raw and cerakoted options.

Black Anodized now only $34.99
Raw only $29.99!
View Quote
You got me for a raw lower.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only one!
You can do better that that!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only one!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one!
Just one for the time being.  If it works out well and I like how it comes out I could very well be in for another. This will be my first 80% lower project so I'm pretty green to the process.  I've only done a polymer 80 pistol in the past.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
@ghostjoe319
Your price is nice but can you provide more info on your lowers.  Does your mag well have a nice flare like the Right to Bear one below. And can you measure the front take down lug holders.

Below are some pics of a raw lower I got from Right to bear.  I really like it for a few reasons.
Mag well has a nice flare.
Front take down lug holders/lobes or whatever there called are nice and thick.
And a few other things.
I took some pics of it next to an anodized lower I got from American made tactical.

The only thing I didn't like about the Right to Bear  lower is where the receiver extension  screws in.  It seems the threads were milled down a little to much
as in the groves are not as deep as the American made tactical and some of my other regular lowers like Spikes, Black Rain, AXTS, Grey Ghost.

AMT  on the left  RTB is the raw

I don't know if you can see or tell by what I mean that the threads are not as apparent or sharp points.

@DaveP1
Want to know what you think of the thinner retaining lobes or what ever you call them for the front take down pin.  I personally don't like it.  I like them a little thicker.

@PursuitSS
What do think.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@ghostjoe319
Your price is nice but can you provide more info on your lowers.  Does your mag well have a nice flare like the Right to Bear one below. And can you measure the front take down lug holders.

Below are some pics of a raw lower I got from Right to bear.  I really like it for a few reasons.
And a few other things.
I took some pics of it next to an anodized lower I got from American made tactical.

The only thing I didn't like about the Right to Bear  lower is where the receiver extension  screws in.  It seems the threads were milled down a little to much
as in the groves are not as deep as the American made tactical and some of my other regular lowers like Spikes, Black Rain, AXTS, Grey Ghost.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4853/44480446960_e81994116e_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4849/44480447270_ca12eee84f_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4891/46297532051_2d560c87df_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4810/46297531961_28b193b5f1_h.jpg

I don't know if you can see or tell by what I mean that the threads are not as apparent or sharp points.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4864/46297532231_a07f533c8b_h.jpg

@DaveP1
Want to know what you think of the thinner retaining lobes or what ever you call them for the front take down pin.  I personally don't like it.  I like them a little thicker.

@PursuitSS
What do think.
View Quote
Hi,

I have never had any problems with them and if I remember correctly I have built 10 guns based on their lowers, they are good lowers all of them have been in spec and I don't have any rattles or loose fit on the uppers I use on them..  If you can catch them on sale they are really a good bargain now a days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@ghostjoe319

And a few other things.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4853/44480446960_e81994116e_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4849/44480447270_ca12eee84f_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4891/46297532051_2d560c87df_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4810/46297531961_28b193b5f1_h.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4864/46297532231_a07f533c8b_h.jpg

@DaveP1

@PursuitSS
What do think.
View Quote
I ordered a ghost/grid lower last night.  I'll be sure to toss up an imgur link when it comes in.  I don't have a caliper, but I can take photos of everything else and even compare to my LWRC M6A2 lower if you'd like.
ETA: added a word
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Today is your lucky day, absolutely love these 80's.

https://www.righttobear.com/cerro-forge-raw-80-percent-lower-receiver-p/80raw-1.htm
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I ordered a ghost/grid lower last night.  I'll be sure to toss up an imgur link when it comes in.  I don't have a caliper, but I can take photos of everything else and even compare to my LWRC M6A2 lower if you'd like.
ETA: added a word
View Quote
Yes please take a few pics so I can see what the mag well looks like and the front take down eyelets/lugholder  doohickey.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Right to Bear Arms Arms & Supply is VERY reputable. I wouldn’t be concerned.
View Quote
I think he was referring to the grid/ghost thing, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think he was referring to the grid/ghost thing, but I could be wrong.
View Quote
Nope, he asked both Pursuit and me early this morning about the Right to Bear Arms lowers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Check out our Ghost Firearms/Grid Defense sale on 80% lowers.  We offer black, raw and cerakoted options.

Black Anodized now only $34.99
Raw only $29.99!
View Quote
@ghostjoe319 do your .22 barrels work with cmmg bolts?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I was asking if I should be concerned about the thinner eylets on the front takedown on the American made tactical lower.
I like the thicker ones on the RTB ones.
What I didn't like on the RTB lower is the where the receiver extension screws in as I said above.  Didn't seem like the channels on the threads were deep enough.  They
may have been at one time then someone came along and ran a reamer through it or did something as the crest of the threads were not sharp and pronounced like all my other
non 80% lowers.

I like the RTB lowers but don't know if they were light blems because of that or if they all will come that way.
@DaveP1  what do your threads look like.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was asking if I should be concerned about the thinner eylets on the front takedown on the American made tactical lower.
I like the thicker ones on the RTB ones.
What I didn't like on the RTB lower is the where the receiver extension screws in as I said above.  Didn't seem like the channels on the threads were deep enough.  They
may have been at one time then someone came along and ran a reamer through it or did something as the crest of the threads were not sharp and pronounced like all my other
non 80% lowers.

I like the RTB lowers but don't know if they were light blems because of that or if they all will come that way.
@DaveP1  what do your threads look like.
View Quote
Like I said, I have never had any problem with them at all, I don't know if I have any unfinished lowers left in the shop from them right now, I will take a look in the morning, I note of each lower I buy, wear I got it, but again, I think I have used all of my RTB lowers, but I will check.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:10:16 AM EDT
[#22]
OP sorry for taking up so much.  But just trying to get the best both in looks, function, strength.  Just the  OCD I have.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes the .22 barrels are from CMMG

16" .22 Barrel
View Quote
@ghostjoe319 are you guys having trouble getting shipping together?  Haven't gotten confirmation of my lower being shipped/ provided a tracking number.  Card was charged 3 days ago and order was placed 5 days ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#26]
@Removed_californian
Don't forget to take pictures.

I still see your waiting for yours.

I couldn't pass up the price again with RTB and ordered 6 of them.  3 anodized with safe fire engraved  and 3 raw no markings. I got them on Monday.
These I noticed right away that the front takedown lug eyelets are not as thick as the first ones I got from RTB.   Im going to caliper them and see what they are.

The mag well has a nice flare to them as before.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@Removed_californian

I couldn't pass up the price again with RTB and ordered 6 of them.  3 anodized with safe fire engraved  and 3 raw no markings. I got them on Monday.
These I noticed right away that the front takedown lug eyelets are not as thick as the first ones I got from RTB.   Im going to caliper them and see what they are.

The mag well has a nice flare to them as before.
View Quote
Haven't forgotten.  I'm still waiting for it to come in. Tracking says it's still in Florida.  Should be able to post pics on Christmas evening (due to work and other time constraints).
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, there were many brands mentioned, I get most of my 80% from Right to Bear Arms, they are good quality in spec lowers and have never had any problems.
View Quote
I have purchased Right to Bear lowers. They're very nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll add Ceratac as a good place to buy lowers from. Bought 4 anodized, safe/fire, flared mag, Cerro forge. 39.99.

Not as fast of shipping as RTB(who are great as well)
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@Removed_californian

View Quote
I Know you already bought some lowers, but I might as well add some photos for posterity's sake.

Various images comparing the pivot pin lugs, as well as the broaching on the magwell, and the absence of flash marks inside the trigger well and along the rear of the receiver.  No notable defects or abnormalities unless otherwise noted.

Takedown lug area does not need to be milled out, my upper fits just fine in there.  Of note is a small spot where the endmill did not pass through the middle for a final pass that can be barely seen and is able to be felt with a scribe/paperclip.  I'll likely run my endmill and router over it just for good measure.  Looking forward to finishing it out in the coming days.

ETA: lets try this again
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll add Ceratac as a good place to buy lowers from. Bought 4 anodized, safe/fire, flared mag, Cerro forge. 39.99.

Not as fast of shipping as RTB(who are great as well)
View Quote
Just pulled the trigger on 6.  Have 5 bare TM lowers that I ordered by mistake (thought I put anodized ones in my cart).  I don't want to mess with anodizing, and/or etching the Fire/Safe markings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just pulled the trigger on 6.  Have 5 bare TM lowers that I ordered by mistake (thought I put anodized ones in my cart).  I don't want to mess with anodizing, and/or etching the Fire/Safe markings.
View Quote
Etching is actually a really easy process that I was able to manage myself with some salt water, q tips, wires, and two or three 9v batteries.  Here is a link to a guy that does stencils for electro etching.  The process is not as involved as you might expect.  There are several youtube videos detailing how to do it with what I found to be good results.

Also as an addendum to my original post regarding these lowers: the rear pocket ended up being milled a hair too deep and wide so my lower has a bit more play than I find on my other milspec lowers.

I just sold a geissele gas block, so I've got the funds to try again with a different 80% mfg.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Etching is actually a really easy process that I was able to manage myself with some salt water, q tips, wires, and two or three 9v batteries.  Here is a link to a guy that does stencils for electro etching.  The process is not as involved as you might expect.  There are several youtube videos detailing how to do it with what I found to be good results.

Also as an addendum to my original post regarding these lowers: the rear pocket ended up being milled a hair too deep and wide so my lower has a bit more play than I find on my other milspec lowers.

I just sold a geissele gas block, so I've got the funds to try again with a different 80% mfg.
View Quote
Those Ceratac are actually engraved.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they are, but he said that he has 5 that are completely in the white without engraving.  I was simply offering what I believe to be a rather simple DIY way to accomplish the engraving.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone ever used a black rain lower,I see the billet ones are on sale.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top