Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2020 9:55:16 PM EDT
I received some C-Products 5.56 mags today. One of the guys from their company wrote a generous email to me in response to my email, so I was motivated to give them a try.

Looking at them and comparing them to D&H, they seem similar. The C-Products ones may be very slightly lighter. The C-Products ones are grey. The finish seems good. They look good. The follower is similar to the D&H followers, but a little different. So far, so good. The real test will come when I run them through the rifle.

Note: I have no relationship whatsoever with C-Products.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bunch of c products mags. Probably 15 aluminum, and 15 stainless. Neve had a single jam, or feed issue etc with them. They are good to go IMO. The steel mags are a little bit wider/thicker and may be a little tight in some mag wells, but that’s my only complaint.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Love my CPD 762x39 mags, was a few $ short of the free shipping cut-off on a recent aimsurplus order so added one to the cart.  Figured it was within a buck or so of what I'd have to pay in shipping so why not try it? Besides, I wanted a small cap mag for my target rig.  Looks good, feels solid, I really like the super-orange follower for safety reasons, esp. since my CPD 10 round 762x39 mag looks real similar but has a black follower.  Haven't had it to the range yet - maybe tomorrow or even later today....

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
There seems to be a lot of hate around here but they were always my go-to and I've never had a single problem.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to purchase STANAG magazines from anywhere other than....

Okay Industries 
D&H
Magpul
Lancer

I can understand if you need magazines for an oddball caliber. 
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the current company C Products owned by the same people that have been compained about?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Is the current company C Products owned by the same people that have been compained about?
View Quote

INFO LINK
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

INFO LINK
View Quote

I guess its the old CT company that was the bad one. The latest one is in FL. They say they supply mags for most companies but I surmise it is for rifles that are other than 5.56/.223 caliber.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#11]

The Panka’s WERE living in Florida. Larry Sr., Larry Jr., & Chad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I guess its the old CT company that was the bad one. The latest one is in FL. They say they supply mags for most companies but I surmise it is for rifles that are other than 5.56/.223 caliber.

The Panka’s WERE living in Florida. Larry Sr., Larry Jr., & Chad.

PursuitSS

You appear to deeply traumatized by the PANKAS. Hopefully you can overcome that at some point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#12]

I guess its the old CT company that was the bad one. The latest one is in FL. They say they supply mags for most companies but I surmise it is for rifles that are other than 5.56/.223 caliber.
View Quote

IF they work for your intent, good for you. When they do not....do not act surprised.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]

IF they work for your intent, good for you. When they do not....do not act surprised.
View All Quotes

IF they work for your intent, good for you. When they do not....do not act surprised.

I bought some of their aluminum mags. I wanted to try the stainless steel ones but the place that had other things I needed didn't have them. I noticed they also make 92/M9 and Sig 226 mags but I don't have those pistols.

Their "everflex" anti-fatigue springs and "advanced geometry follower" are trademarked but apparently not patented. I guess that means its not special or unique enough for a patent.

@Tigwelder1971: Is there anything special about their springs? I guess you know more than most about metals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#14]

There’s a DAMN GOOD[/b] reason for the hate! 

Between the LIES, the BROKEN PROMISES, the SHILLING, etc., etc.

Very few FAMILIES have been PERMANENTLY BANNED, the Panka’s have!

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to purchase STANAG magazines from anywhere other than....

Okay Industries 
D&H
Magpul
Lancer

View All Quotes
[b]Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
There seems to be a lot of hate around here but they were always my go-to and I've never had a single problem.

There’s a DAMN GOOD[/b] reason for the hate! 

Between the LIES, the BROKEN PROMISES, the SHILLING, etc., etc.

Very few FAMILIES have been PERMANENTLY BANNED, the Panka’s have!

Okay Industries 
D&H
Magpul
Lancer

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Who knows? 

Chad Panka was caught SHILLING for CProducts Defense on this Forum
View All Quotes
Is the current company C Products owned by the same people that have been compained about?

Who knows? 

Chad Panka was caught SHILLING for CProducts Defense on this Forum

Yes. https://www.linkedin.com/in/chad-panka-04246093
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Is there anything special about their springs? 
View Quote

In my limited experience with them, no. Regardless of claims.

I wouldn't take another CPD mag for free.

Some things a guy just has to find out on their own.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]
[b]Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:[/b...I wouldn't take another CPD mag for free...
View Quote

Sounds like there's some serious animosity against them out there. I wonder if they exchanged faulty mags in the past.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
delete-duplicate post
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Sounds like there's some serious animosity against them out there. I wonder if they exchanged faulty mags in the past.
View All Quotes
[b]Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:[/b...I wouldn't take another CPD mag for free...

Sounds like there's some serious animosity against them out there. I wonder if they exchanged faulty mags in the past.

No animosity, there are literally too many other solid/vetted options available currently.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never had a single problem with one of their mags. And I bought some D&H that were total shit. Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]

PursuitSS

You appear to deeply traumatized by the PANKAS. Hopefully you can overcome that at some point. 
View Quote

For some reason Larry was allowed to make a joke out of this “technical” forum.  Unfortunately he was tolerated for years here.  A lot of people lost money or ended up with crappy, unusable magazines.  I kinda miss the drama of Larry’s and Chip’s bullshit like how they would soon be making 40 round magazines for the US military.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#23]

PursuitSS

You appear to deeply traumatized by the PANKAS. Hopefully you can overcome that at some point. 
View Quote

For some reason Larry was allowed to make a joke out of this “technical” forum.  Unfortunately he was tolerated for years here.  A lot of people lost money or ended up with crappy, unusable magazines.  I kinda miss the drama of Larry’s and Chip’s bullshit like how they would soon be making 40 round magazines for the US military.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#24]

In my limited experience with them, no. Regardless of claims.

I wouldn't take another CPD mag for free.

Some things a guy just has to find out on their own.....
View All Quotes

Is there anything special about their springs? 

In my limited experience with them, no. Regardless of claims.

Some things a guy just has to find out on their own.....

I wouldn't even take them for free, total dogshit product.  No way in hell would I ever deal with them again.  Avoid at all costs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought their mags before all the hoopla and still use them without issues. So I have no complaints.
But a lot of other options out there if you're concerned.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's a DAMN GOOD reason for the hate!

Between the LIES, the BROKEN PROMISES, the SHILLING, etc., etc.

Very few FAMILIES have been PERMANENTLY BANNED, the Panka's have!

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to purchase STANAG magazines from anywhere other than....

Okay Industries
D&H
Magpul
Lancer

I can understand if you need magazines for an oddball caliber.
View Quote
This post nails it- again.  Somebody write this on a rock.

Don't visit this forum much anymore, fun to see this thread pop up.  Dishonest people making poor product.  My replacement mags exhibited the same issues.

It's all been said before, but seriously?  Why roll the dice on something as cheap and available as a good magazine?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I wouldn't even take them for free, total dogshit product.  No way in hell would I ever deal with them again.  Avoid at all costs.
View Quote

Quoted:
This post nails it- again.  Somebody write this on a rock.

Don't visit this forum much anymore, fun to see this thread pop up.  Dishonest people making poor product.  My replacement mags exhibited the same issues.

It's all been said before, but seriously?  Why roll the dice on something as cheap and available as a good magazine?
View Quote
Is this based on the past or current owners/products?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Funny you should mention that. I planned to never own a C-Products mag based on what I'd read here and on other forums, especially during the 2013 panic when nothing seemed available except for C-Products mags. Then a few months ago, a work friend gave me a half dozen magazines that he had lying around. One of them turned out to be a C-Products mag, but I'm not sure I would have noticed it if I hadn't seen the baseplate. I was under the impression that C-Products mags were teflon coated like D&H, but this one has a dry lube finish that looks almost identical to real GI mags. Did (or do they still) produce mags like this? It has no markings on it at all, but I was wondering if maybe the baseplate got swapped with another mag body. This guy had a few older (pre-ban) mags, like Centers with no markings except for the baseplate (before they switched to the blank baseplate and marking the body instead). The green follower that it came with has the not-quite-right look of the commercial one that came in some Noveske / D&H mags I got a few years ago. The big thing that stands out to me are the welds on the front and back spine. The overlap of the two halves of the body are a little shorter than on the Okay mag in the comparison below (CPD mag to the right or on top in each photo), and a couple of the plug weld holes are not actually welded (one each, top and bottom, on both the front and back spine).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Either way, it's going to be a range mag, but it doesn't look like what I thought a C-Products mag looked like.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The C-pros seem to be of better quality the newer they are, at least the bucket-full I own 30+. All of which were purchased late 2014 till around 2016... Black teflon coated ones, mostly orange followers, a few black. All work fine in all of my ARs, nothing problematic.

But like others have mentioned, it's probably best to stick with Okay Ind for GI/aluminum mags. Which is what I'm currently doing, stocking up on some nice grey and tan colored mags from Okay. Basically the same price as most other mags anyway, besides Lancers. Which I kinda like, but honestly would rather have more aluminum mags. They fit in pouches easier, all my ARs like them, and they weigh less. Which is one of my top considerations. Why carry extra weight, when a lighter mag performs just as well?

Which in order of heaviest to lightest for the mags I own (30 rounders): Gen3 Pmag, L5AWM Lancer, Okay Ind, and lastly C-pro; which are just a little-bit lighter than Okays...
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Today's C-Products is not the C-Products of old.
View Quote

That's good to know, if they're ok in your book that's good enough for me.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I bought c products mags years ago when they first came to this site.  A few aluminum and stainless steel 20 rounders .Maybe a couple 30’s ..They been 100% reliable. I have a lot of rounds through several of them. Them are range mags...WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#33]
C Products Defense mfg facility is just down the street from my shop - it's owned by Adel & Carol Jamil.
View Quote

Just because their name is on it doesn't mean anything,  they just bankrolled it for the pankas, their is lots of proof out there, like business licenses, and such proving their relationship. When a lot of people got screwed over by the pankas, Larry senior buys a nice lake side house in Florida, larry jr went to jail for his drug dealing in Florida. I dont trust anything their involved in. Spend a couple more dollars and get some genuine GI mags. AS many times as they've screwed people over, or broken the law, why would you want to put any money in their pockets.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MCREBELL:

Just because their name is on it doesn't mean anything,  they just bankrolled it for the pankas, their is lots of proof out there, like business licenses, and such proving their relationship. When a lot of people got screwed over by the pankas, Larry senior buys a nice lake side house in Florida, larry jr went to jail for his drug dealing in Florida. I dont trust anything their involved in. Spend a couple more dollars and get some genuine GI mags. AS many times as they've screwed people over, or broken the law, why would you want to put any money in their pockets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MCREBELL:
C Products Defense mfg facility is just down the street from my shop - it's owned by Adel & Carol Jamil.

Just because their name is on it doesn't mean anything,  they just bankrolled it for the pankas, their is lots of proof out there, like business licenses, and such proving their relationship. When a lot of people got screwed over by the pankas, Larry senior buys a nice lake side house in Florida, larry jr went to jail for his drug dealing in Florida. I dont trust anything their involved in. Spend a couple more dollars and get some genuine GI mags. AS many times as they've screwed people over, or broken the law, why would you want to put any money in their pockets.

That's some interesting trivia about one of them being imprisoned for drugs. I wonder if it was a federal or state charge.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#36]

It was Federal, it was a BATFE sting operation. Guns for Cocaine.
View All Quotes
That's some interesting trivia about one of them being imprisoned for drugs. I wonder if it was a federal or state charge. 

It was Federal, it was a BATFE sting operation. Guns for Cocaine.

LINK

ANOTHER
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I received some C-Products 5.56 mags today. One of the guys from their company wrote a generous email to me in response to my email, so I was motivated to give them a try.

Looking at them and comparing them to D&H, they seem similar. The C-Products ones may be very slightly lighter. The C-Products ones are grey. The finish seems good. They look good. The follower is similar to the D&H followers, but a little different. So far, so good. The real test will come when I run them through the rifle.

Note: I have no relationship whatsoever with C-Products.
View Quote
This is the typical CP shill thread/post.  "muh mags are great, CP stroked muh ballz".  But...........do they work?

It even has the disclaimer.  There should just be a template for posts like this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Today's C-Products is not the C-Products of old.
View Quote
You know what they say............I sure do.  I can't post it in this tech forum.

What I can post is that you should try to purchase mil-spec magazines that are proven and have a good reputation.  This is what this forum is for. There isn't a significant savings with magazines to go with a bad reputation just to save a few pennies.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

This is the typical CP shill thread/post.  "muh mags are great, CP stroked muh ballz".  But...........do they work?  

It even has the disclaimer.  There should just be a template for posts like this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I received some C-Products 5.56 mags today. One of the guys from their company wrote a generous email to me in response to my email, so I was motivated to give them a try.

Looking at them and comparing them to D&H, they seem similar. The C-Products ones may be very slightly lighter. The C-Products ones are grey. The finish seems good. They look good. The follower is similar to the D&H followers, but a little different. So far, so good. The real test will come when I run them through the rifle.

Note: I have no relationship whatsoever with C-Products.

This is the typical CP shill thread/post.  "muh mags are great, CP stroked muh ballz".  But...........do they work?  

It even has the disclaimer.  There should just be a template for posts like this.

I'm no shill for anyone. I'm a regular guy learning about the AR15 platform. I'm no kid either.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]

LINK

ANOTHER
View Quote

Wow. I wonder how much time this person got.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:...

METAL

Okay Industries (which also manufactures Colt, & NHTMG) (has had NUMEROUS U.S. Military contracts) 
D&H (Was a U.S. Military supplier when they were LaBelle)
Brownells (Was a U.S. Military supplier) 

POLYMER

Magpul (is a CURRENT U.S. Military supplier)
Lancer
And maybe ETS
View Quote

Thanks for the post. It got me wondering if Okay, D&H, or Brownells should manufacture stainless steel mags for those who want them. IIRC, C-Products is the only one who makes them.

Weren't Brownells mags made by C-Products in the past, then Brownells started making them in house? If so, maybe they're still getting parts from C-Products.

Off Topic: ETS makes 12 round extended tube mags for the S&W Shield. I wonder if they are reliable.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
There seems to be a lot of hate around here but they were always my go-to and I've never had a single problem.
View Quote

+1

30ish AL mags
10+ yrs use
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Being it was a Federal bust/sting I would imagine he’s STILL enjoying “Club Fed”.

Yep, ORIGINALLY  Brownells used CProducts as their manufacturer.

Then they decided they were going to go for U.S. Military contracts, so they purchased Co-Line stamping in Sully, IA.

Since then I really doubt they’re getting parts from CProducts.
View All Quotes

Wow. I wonder how much time this person got.

Being it was a Federal bust/sting I would imagine he’s STILL enjoying “Club Fed”.

Weren't Brownells mags made by C-Products in the past, then Brownells started making them in house? If so, maybe they're still getting parts from C-Products. 

Then they decided they were going to go for U.S. Military contracts, so they purchased Co-Line stamping in Sully, IA.

I think "club fed" is minimum security. AFAIK, drug dealers go to at least medium security prisons.

I wonder why Brownells doesn't make them for the military anymore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m pretty sure Center Industries has the sole contract at this time. IIRC, they’re a large employer of the handicapped.
View Quote

Supposedly Okay has a contract for the EPM also. A member here said last year that his son was issued some Okay-marked EPMs like this publicity photo, but I have yet to see one in person to confirm for myself.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#48]

IIRC, they’re a large employer of the handicapped. 

View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I posted in some random mag thread that a mag my brother was carrying on duty failed miserably and repeatably.  It was a Brownells mag from that era.  I threw it in the trash and gave him one of my milspec mags.

It caught someone's attention, probably because they knew of the QC problems and they IM'd me.  I didn't really give any fucks. I solved that problem. I didn't realize until much later, after testing lots of CP mags, that these things were related.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I just received four CProducts Duramags in Stainless Steel. Two for my 5.56mm AR and two for my 224 Valkyrie AR. The Valkyrie mags are flat black with a grey follower. They are very well constructed and finished. Marked CPD 6.8SPC on the left side of the 20-round mag. Hornady 88grain ELD Match rounds fit perfectly, with room for longer rounds. Each round stays in place when loaded to the 20 round max. Nice spring tension.
The 20-round 5.56mm mags are also black and stamped SS on the left side. These have an Orange follower stamped 5.56 on the lowered edge of the follower. Same fit and function as the 6.8SPC mags. I bought them from SGAmmo, where I purchase most of my cases of ammo when I decide not to reload and just shoot factory. SGAmmo has always sold quality, and these appear to be quality. They cost $18.95 each for 6.8SPC & $11.95 each for 5.56mm. I had read the background on CP before I ordered these, but decided to take a small chance since SGAmmo was the company selling them. I will range test for several hundred rounds after I leave them fully loaded for a couple of weeks, and report back. If they are good, I'll buy more. If they suck, I'll let the Forum know, and send SGAmmo a request for a Return Authorization and see about getting some ammo in exchange for their dead bodies
Seems to be some passion related to CP, so let's see if CProductsDefense can overcome the bad rep of CP. The plastic bags that they ship in are well-done and marked Made in USA. I don't really care if they are USGI contractors, since I am not a USGI Operator, just a 224 Valkyrie shooter who needs a quality magazine that will hold my extra-long reloads with heavy bullets for caliber. I'll report back in a few weeks with pics if needed.
CYA!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top